1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Archery Buttes (request for the devs)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, May 25, 2010.

1. Would it be possible,coding wise,to make the archery butte to require skill with the bow? Over on Catskills one other and myself has offered to host archery contests,but anyone with zero skill could beat a legendary archer with how it is now.

I would like to see the butte difficulty customizable from "mongbat" to 120 wrestling/parry with 40 dci.

2. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

hehe

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I can kinda see what you are saying, but... Archery Buttes back in the day were for players to train on, from 0, you know cause you only got like 100 gold.

4. Yeah I remember,but that was then and we can buy up the skills now and have a gm+ archer in a few days without the archery butte. All I am asking is an upgrade to the butte.

5. Did I say something funny?

6. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

in my minds eye, i saw lil arms pop out of the archery butte and move in a wrestling move to deflect the arrows cause ... how else could the dci be taken advantage of ?

7. I suppose,with coding,an item can have a dci mod. :)

8. Babble

Babble Guest

When did they change it that archery buttes do not need any skill?

I know the dartboards do not need any skills and are just chance based.

For the Archery buttes is it now the same?

9. For hitting a bullseye or the like,it doesn't take any skill to do...at least it didn't the last time I tried it a couple of weeks ago.