1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Archery chivalry armor question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Alton Darkpick, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Alton Darkpick

Alton Darkpick Adventurer

Okay, i am trying to help my wife with her fishing archer paladin.

She mainl fishes but wants to be able to head out hunting sometimes too, so needs a decent suit.

Any suggestions on suits/stats for this char?

2. Ncdiablo

Ncdiablo Guest

Please post what all her skills are as that will greatly assist what suit you will need.

Also let us know what her stats are as that too helps with the suit you will need.

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

My wife's fisher is an archer as well.

I didn't want to spend THAT much time on the suit, because she doesn't get played that often. But, I wanted her to be able to handle anything that might come up from fishing (which includes the spawn in dungeons).

My wife likes plate (which I detailed in another thread) so, I made a plate suit, get it to 70/70/70/67/72 (yes she's an elf and no, it's not corpse proof). I added on Stamina Increase, Mana Increase, Mana Regen and I think some Stamina Regen. The whole suit is imbued except the head piece, it's an Aegis of Grace.

The suit is far from perfect (just looking at it now, I might redo it....) but it works for what the character is.

4. Alton Darkpick

Archery 120
    Tactics 120
    Fishing 120
    anat 120
    chivalry unsure
    focus unsure
    healing unsure

current stats i am not sure about but i think she is going for 100 str and enough int to make the chivalry viable then rest in dex before boosts. but she is open to suggestion

5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The way I look at stats, is like this. True Dex (or Int) rarely matter. And really not at all in a case like this. What do I mean by that. All you really are concerned with is the by product of that stat. Dex/Stamina and Int/Mana are easily raised through armor. Take the strength upto 125, make up the Stamina/Mana thought the suit.

6. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

not quite true.. dex is important for healing

you need 140 dex for 4 second heals..

stam does nothing for healing.

for a char that heals id set dex at 125, then put 8 on each ring and brace to get to 140..

7. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That's very true.... it's been so long since I've used healing (all my warrior/melee types now have necro in the template or 4/6 chiv) I forgot about that.

8. Alton Darkpick

Thanks for all the help guys. what about other stats like hit and such?