1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Are all the new fish used for quests

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Redxpanda, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My hold is getting full because i don't want to cut up fish and then need them for a quest. I was wondering if all the fish show up in quests or are there some that they don't ask for. I do seem to have more of certain kinds of fish but i don't wanna take the chance and start cutting them up until i am sure.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There are 12 shallow water fish used in quests
    There are 12 Dungeon fish used in quests
    There are 18 Deep Water fish used in quests
    There are 12 crustaceans (6 named lobsters, 6 named crabs) used in quests

The rule of thumb is that if a fish type weighs something other than 10 stone, and doesn't stack with others of its type, it isn't used in a quest (it will also be some odd color). Note that fish that look like the old pre-HS fish can be bugged temporarily to weigh 1 stone each when pulled from stacks, but revert if you cross a server line with them.

crustaceans do stack, but the ones used in quests all weigh 5 stone each. If the crustacean weighs other than 5 stone, or is an odd color/doesn't stack, it is not a quest type.

Note that the Mud Puppy & Red Herring are SA quest fish that are really just variations on the old "Big Fish", and I think their quests are limited to 1 per character each.

Redxpanda likes this.