1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are assassin/thiefs fun?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Antmf712, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Antmf712

Antmf712 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I want to come back to UO been years since I played last but want to start a new account due to the fact I dont remember my old one lol. Just wondering with all the changes is it fun / worth being an assassin or thief and are they hard to level and can they pve and pvp effectively? Thanks...

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You'll have to decide whether you want to make a really good assassin, a really good thief, or a really good PvE character.

I love playing my PvP thief and he does occasionally assassinate bots, but he could not stand toe-to-toe with a good PvPer or a high-level mob.

The problem is, a good thief needs to have - at minimum - stealing, snooping, hiding, and stealth. Thus, the remainder of your template is limited to three, possibly four skills. A character with three or four skills geared toward PvPing will be at a sharp disadvantage against a character with seven or eight skills geared toward PvPing.

If I were you, I would create three different characters: a thief, a PvPer, and a PvMer. This separation of templates will make you more effective and much less frustrated.

3. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

d). all of the above

4. Cruxshadow

Cruxshadow Guest

thieves are definitely fun. i started up my accounts again about 6 months ago, made a thief, and have never looked back. started playing in 99 and have played alot of different char types, thief has defiitely been the most fun.