1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are brigand chests trapped?

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by gortman, Jan 29, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've encountered a couple of brigand camps and was curious if the chests were trapped.

Also, it looks like the chests disappear after all the brigands in the camp are killed. So I'm guessing you would have to disarm/pick the locks before all the brigands were dead, right?

Do the chests ever contain worthwhile loot?

Thanks!

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

trapped yes, disarm pick before yes , worthwhile loot no

good training for a lockpicker though

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Typically, the chests will last 1-3 minutes after the brigands are dead - sometimes more, and sometimes the camp can despawn during the fight.

It all depends on how old the camp is when you find it.

Note that the kegs and barrels are items that you can pick up, and if in your pack when the camp despawns, they will become permanent items.

The empty kegs can be used to make potion kegs. The empty barrels can be filled with water to make water barrels, or as a container in your home. Just keep them in your bank for a day, before using them as secure containers, to be safe.

4. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Basara,

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'll have to grab any barrels or kegs the next time I run into a band of brigands.

Thanks for the great info!