1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are fishers left out again?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Silverbird, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just went out excited onto the test center only to find out, that nothing seems to have changed:
    - mib loot is as usual (done only 4 but it still follows the old t-chest rules like 1k gp per lvl)
    - fished up t-maps are still lvl 1 and probably tied to the facet where they are fished up (got only 2 fel maps, should definately try out tokuno islands ... maybe laters ...)

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Aye the devs have been asked repeatedly if fishing was included in the treasure hunting update and they have never responded one way or the other. I guess the lack of response is our answer.

3. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That is a shame. :( Hopefully it can be seen to, We aren't asking for anything too fancy, Just an upgrade in loot.

Of course it would be nice to have like level 5 mibs that fish up tough sea serpent guardians... :p

4. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed

I was too curious about, so i went out onto the tokuno seas on tc.

Fishing results were 5 fished up maps. All of them were tattered plainly maps for the tokuno islands.

That brings me up to ....
    - active fishers will always have plenty lvl 1 t-maps at hand (except for Illsh, Malas and Ter-Mur Maps, since thers no treasure fishing in those lands)
    - with some luck and those t-map changes hitting the shards, we might be able to sell our unwanted maps (though i am definately not shure about fel-maps)
    - maybe we can sell fished up tokuno maps as super-rares when the publish hits the live servers (ok ... only kidding about this one ... but others probably will try, so take care)
    - the new changes combined with older requirements for t-hunting leads me to an interesting looking stand-alone-fishers (gargoyle) template:
    110 magery, mystic, focus, 120 imbuing, 100 fishing, 90 poisoning, 80 cartho
    Actually that char would be able to lift all naturally fished up t-maps itselfs. (Up to lvl 2 chests can be picked with gm magery.)