1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Are footfall sounds bothing anyone else?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Trebr Drab, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Sounds like Captain Ahab on the deck of the Pequod. Clip clop, clip clop. And the avatars have a hitch in their walks to go with it. Actually, this would be OK if it were only during times when hit points are down. But as a normal thing, I don't like it.
  2. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

We need a slider to adjust them.

Otherwise they are to loud.
  3. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

People have been complaining about this since KR was released. Not only is the step sound too loud and too "sharp" but it's completely out of sync with your character.

Tune the volume down to 25%, add a few different sounds depending on the floor type, and sync them with the correct frame of animation. That's my suggestion to the devs.
  4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Agreed, and then remove the clip-clop effect.
  5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    I ended up turning them off because the sound was too annoying.