1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are gold sellers gone from UO Now?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mordocuo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Mordocuo

Mordocuo Guest

I logged in today after a few months and was pleasently surprised. I know about stratics new rule of no gold selling and I think it is having an effect.

I went to Luna on LS and was impressed.

Many of the establishments that had questionable vendors seem empty now. Most vendors in Luna were bone dry. Shops that were once huge in thier high end goods have been replaced and have little to no vendors. What I did find on vendors seemed like common items. I did not notice a vendor selling and Barbed Kits, but I did find one with what seemed to be several Heart Runics.

But all in all I would say that maybe because there are not the avenues to sell gold effects are being seen.

Or did I not look hard enough?

2. Rix/\

Rix/\ Guest

they are here stronger then ever with the bag of sending nerf they allowed gold sellers to increase the amount the gold is worth rather then making it harder for them. LS has had a dying population since a year ago from what I see not sure as to why but my guess is the over all population is dying out and whats left are migrating to more populated shards.

3. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

there are gold sellers and gold is a pretty good price right now. some have even dropped their prices a bit lately. just do a search, cause there are new ones (or under new business names).

4. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

still gold sellers around with good prices :)

5. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There are several around and at really great prices! Just google it as I'm not sure we are allowed to put their names or websites on here :)

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I think the repliers missed the point you were making.

There are still gold sellers, but now they have to be found via Vent/TS word of mouth or searching on the web.

The changes on Stratics (which were, ironically, brought on by no-RMT restrictions on other games) and the crackdown on URLs in the game have combined to make the experience with those of us NOT looking to buy gold much more pleasant, since we don't have to see/"listen" to the spam in-game anymore, or here.

7. Pasquinade

Pasquinade Guest

There are still gold sellers on Atlantic. I have found books around most moongates advertising gold-selling.
    These folks are alive and well.

8. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

be very careful of the sellers who advertise via books on the ground. some of those are dropped by very shady establishments. word of mouth is the best method of finding a trustworthy broker, as you can go by the positive experience of a friend or guildmate.

9. Walk around atlantic and you see a billion books advertising sales.

10. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed! To those actually looking to purchase, I would not pick up the books off the ground. There are other established brokers with excellent selling history. Just gotta find them (NOT IN THE BOOKS ON THE GROUND lol) Did we say that enough times??? I hope so :)

11. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

They are on chessy too.

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The only books I see on Lake Austin, are recruiting posters for the Syndicate....

13. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

On Chesapeake I regularly see gold and item sales advertisements, along with the occasional guild invitation.

14. Coyt

Coyt Guest

they even advertise on uo.com take a look on faction killpoint list

15. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

annoying isn't it ?
    to bad EA wouldn't bannish them for that litter.

even worse is hearing it is not only on atlantic that they are trashing our lands with there BS.

16. ElRay

ElRay Guest

Ahhhhhh I remember the good ol days of selling gold for $5 a mil

Wish I would of been rich when it was going for $20-$30 dollars a mil

Now its less then a dollar a mil

LOL

17. Ah when gold had value.
    I used to sell 1 million a month to pay for my accounts back then.

Now I just shrunk my accounts down.

1 more to close.

18. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "brokers"....lol, spare me the intellect. These "at home" sellers ARE NOT brokers. Show me a license....just becaue one sits in a basement and is seriously hard up for a buck, doesn't make him/her a broker.

They ruin games and make players extremely lazy,(bad enough players are parked on their behinds, ruining their health)

truth hurts huh?

19. Nine Dark Moons

what truth? i didn't expect them to be sitting in a suit on Wall Street. fine, so they're not technically "brokers". all i'm saying is if you do choose to buy gold for cash, there are reputable sellers and there are less than reputable sellers. my point was to be careful, not to play a game of semantics.

20. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

Fixed.

21. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

I dont know putting that word cheat in there doesnt really work well. For example if you choose to cheat you can buy advance character token in ea store, If you choose to cheat you can get extra characters storage space legacy tokens name change tokens for cash to give you a advantage from poorer players. Just dont think that word applies to a multiplayer system with multitude of players a economy made by players with a working trade system.

Just cant condem trade systems for cash gold or whatever its being around since the beggining and is also one good reason online games became so popular. Hell don't you remmember playing monopoly for real money or betting in the arcades. Money make the world go round if not then this game would be free or not for profit.

22. Pink Dragoness

Pink Dragoness Journeyman

Wasn't there something in the ToS about selling in game items that belongs to EA?

And I thought it was illegal to advertised the sale of EA items for cash in game?

I pick those books up and toss them in the community trash can.

23. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Actually they dont sell the items gold or whatever they always put they sell there time in getting said items but ea owns all property. You pay for there time and they trade you something or give you something for it. Which in this case would be whatever you payed for.

24. Nine Dark Moons

Please don't change my quoted text and portray it as what i said. By "fixing" it you are violating my right to free speech. If you want to contradict my point of view, do it in your own post without putting words in MY mouth.