1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Cartography] Are Map Spots Broken?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by cdavbar, May 31, 2010.

1. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hello,

With the soon to be changes in Thunting *crosses fingers* I thought Id brush up on some skills and practice my many maps i have out. I decoded many of them, threw the carto on the SS and grabbed my LP and went on my way. To my surprise i was not able to dig up any chest. I thought that this may be somethign with not having carto so i dumped a skill to throw carto back on and still no chest.

All i get is the You Can Not Mine Here system message.

I have quadruple checked the coordinates, ive checked the archives etc etc etc to make sure i am in the right spot for these maps. I have tried a dozen spots and same thing.

Kinda frustrating since i have not thunted in many a long time, (Since Slaymore of Slaymore Incorporate S*I) played if anyone on GL remembers the legendary Slaymore.

any help would be great

Thank You

2. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Forgive me if iam wrong (havnt done maps in a couple years) but i do remember that they changed the process. Nowadays you have to doubleclick the shovel and then target the map you want to dig up and then on the floor. Something like that. Try around a little bit. Only if you did the only style method your got the message you posted.

3. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Single click the map (left click) that you are trying to dig up and you will get a drop down saying open map or dig for treasure. Click on dig for treasure and it will give you a targeting cursor and then target the area that you think the chest is in. You no longer have to double click the shovel and target the map but you must have a shovel on you.

4. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you both for your responses, will try this out later tonight am in the hospital right now, we just had a baby girl!!!!!

Will let you know how it turns out with the maps

Thanks Again!

5. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

:thumbup: Congrats!!! :thumbup:

6. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank You!!

Hopped on the hospital wifi to check maps for a min, works great now, had no idea about the change to "click" the map to dig for the maps instead of the ground.

7. El_Cid

El_Cid Guest

Hey I just went through the same thing today, thanks for having the answer ready for me :)

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

"Change"???

Maps have been that way since AT LEAST AOS, if not LBR or earlier.

In fact, I never knew the way you all remember from the old ways existed, until someone had this problem a few years ago.

9. El_Cid

El_Cid Guest

Well mate I left in 2002 so yeah it was different :gee: