1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are Mud Puppies spawning?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Pfloyd, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Title says it all...we have a fishing event on Pac that we get points for fish sizes. Do they spawn or are they bugged atm? Also do they have the name of fisher, sizes and dates?

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

No, but regular big fish are quite common now.

3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Mud Puppies and Red Herrings seem to have disappeared - Right when I was starting a contest for the biggest caught on Lake Austin. within a certain time period (as anyone, not just fishers, could catch them)

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you could without HS :p

5. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

If this is true then it sounds like the EM for the event mentioned by the OP isn't aware of this little nugget of information.

Personally, I don't remember catching any Red Herrings or Mud Puppies since the booster came out... curiouser and curiouser...

6. I've recently spent about 6 hours total fishing for mud puppies and red herrings. No dice. "Rare" is one thing, but this rare?