1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are people still lagging?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Balinor of Pk?, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Balinor of Pk?

Stratics Veteran

The lag is so bad, I'm almost to the point I'm just going to quit... seriously. This is the worst it's ever been. It isn't my business class cable...

#1 Balinor of Pk?, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not me have you run a trace route

3. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Lagging badly recently. It's like the old days.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm lagging as a normal routine. It's getting really old. My game time runs out in early June and I'll likely take the summer off. If UO is still running when cold weather returns around the holidays maybe I'll stop in and see if the Devs got off their rumps and fixed the packet loss problem or not.

5. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Network routing has very little to do with the UO devs. Just sayin'.

6. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

People keep calling for a "classic" shard. Well this lag is the first step.

cdavbar and Lord Frodo like this.
  7. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Lag became a normal problem situation with the move to the Cloud. The Devs need to find a way to deal with it and improve the data transfer speeds between the Shards in the Cloud and our clients. If they can't, it'll likely be a showstopper for some players.

Arrgh and Schatzi like this.
  8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Actually having less item data that needs to routinely flow between our clients and the Cloud based Shards might improve the situation. Wonder if they can make our clients not need as much item data yet still work well? They could also slow down the mobs a bit so they move at a speed like our characters now move. The Devs need to do something to compensate for the loss of movement speed caused by the Cloud.

9. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

My lag issues all went away with the update to server performance they made. Are you sure the issue is not with your Internet service provider and its route to the amazon UO servers?

10. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I was dealing with a ping of 1200+ ms last night, but that was mostly fault of my ISP or the Brazilian backbone, since accessing pretty much every international web address was slow as heck. :|

mspossi likes this.
  11. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

I'm sure the end of that route is the problem, the Amazon UO Servers. I suppose the devs could have given priority to certain internet links with that fix depending on how many customers came in via each link and mine is just fairly far down the totem pole, but the problem came with the move to the Cloud and hasn't gone away. I've no intention of adding game time in June to keep my accounts active since their no longer fun to play. I'll put the $26 a month in another companies pockets.

12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It's funny I lag always during peak times..every single game I ping 25-50 Always! Except for Ultima I ping like 130-160 which is extremely crappy since this game is ping based for pvp..anywho I've found a semi decent fix, I'm not sure if its illegal to post so I won't but you can PM me if you'd like to know

13. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Strangely, I very rarely get lag but when it hits, it's usually a good solid 2-3 second 'spike' where everything just stops... and the times are totally random, not seen any pattern of servers quiet or busy, or a lot or no people on screen, no particular sub-server and not any specific activity - just every so often it locks, then comes back to life.

14. Schatzi

Schatzi Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It definitely got much worse after the move to the "Cloud".

Arrgh likes this.
  15. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I had problems some time ago but lately have not had any lag worthy of complaint.

16. Balinor of Pk?

Stratics Veteran

ae-32-52.ebr2.Seattle1.Level3.net seems to be a trouble maker in my ping... so how do we go about getting level3.net to fix their hardware? I go from 13 ping to 152 at that hop.

17. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I lose conn often it seems, lately.

18. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I was doing some testing yesterday while nothing was going on..and this is what I found

I was running in circles around Luna bank on Atlantic for pasty of it..

Then casted as I ran also on Atlantic from Brit moon gate to the bank..

I normally ping anywhere from 25-60 on all east coast shards depends on time how many users online at my end but this is what I found while being a sole user on a direct connected cable line..

While using assist

Running around Luna I pinged 45-75

Running from Brit gate to bank while casting mini heals I pinged 55-90

I tested multiple times probably 15-20

Without UOAssist doing all the same actions all pings are lower in all ranges by 10-15

If your experiencing lag in the classic client it seems to be the culprit at least through my general testing

Also if it matters my machine is ridiculous 32gig of ram I7 2gb video card and a dedicated 256gb SSD for just UO/cart/assist..sad as that is lol