1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are replicas really that common now?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sarsmi, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I just found a royal guard survival knife replica on the floor of Luna bank. Yeesh.

2. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Maybe they didn't know what it was?
    Maybe a rich guy dropped it who already has like 3 or more?

Either way, it is one of the crappier ones.
    *shrugs*

3. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I like the knife its got some use in it.

Tamer with luck suit and explosion potions not a bad use for it.

4. Helfgrim

Helfgrim Guest

I've yet to get any replica's I think I have the worst luck even when its up over 1400

5. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

People also throw away Cavorting Clubs... But not the Shield of Invulnerability. A Totem of the Void goes on the vendor while Windsong goes on the ground.

Some artifacts just aren't worth hanging onto. They make the good ones rarer, at any rate.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Argh! Some people have all the luck! Hate doing Oaks...

*starts to carefully scrutinize any sashes folks throws on the floor*

7. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

My theory is that the Trammelites have been doing these spawns so often that the shared replicas among them have become quite less rare.

8. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I do the spawns at Humility in Ilshenar almost everyday.

Not sure how many I complete each day, but as many as I have time for...usually from beginning to end. My hunting companion is either my greater dragon or dread mare.

I haven't received a drop in quite some time now, either Deco or Replica. Even SoT's have stopped popping up in my backpack, where I was getting one usually and on a rare occasion two or three.

I will keep doing the spawns regardless, as they are alot of fun....even if frustrating at times. The drop situation is getting a bit discouraging, though.

9. RichDC

RichDC Guest

My theory is that the only common replicas are from the vermin spawn, oak leaf robe(still sells well because its popular), rectal thermometer(fang of rectal...wont sell for 100k on GL), boots(popular so sell), slime statues(dont realy sell on GL), swamp tiles(pixle crack trammies/fellies like these).

The knife is very nice...very very nice, i know a thief who likes it, 25ep disarm and poison...very very nice. My tamer uses it as well.

My bet is that someone is kicking themselves and they accidently dropped it, ive seen it done with 1mil checks and we all know they still valuable :p

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Tamers always have got less SOT drops than others, they cant kill the spawn fast enough like a necro wither or a swordsman holylight/whirlwind, or a sw with a focus essence of wind.

It seems to be based on the speed you kill the spawn(so more drop at once more SOT's you get). I had a run of bad luck for an age with 0 replics, then did 2tram oaks got a .5taming first run, orc chieften helm second, went to fel oaks, wind spirit!

Bet i now have another year without one :p