1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are the big dogs (Cu-Sihue) spawning in brown now?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by EvilPixieWorks, Apr 15, 2010.

1. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

A couple days ago, on Atlantic… I wasn’t really paying attention, on the phone, but I swear I saw a brown dog, someone claimed to have tamed… brand new.

I know the news is a little spotty these days… but is this a new color, new spawn, or that horrible idea for dying pets?

I know we have red, pink, 2 blue shades, black, white, silver, ice, dull copper, shadow and the rare blaze... no brown. If you really want to blend in, we need green. hehe

Sorry I didn’t get the tamers name.

[​IMG]
    (The good ole days when tamers could make honest money... taming or training dogs... and selling at the WEST BRIT BANK!) :)

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Do you mean this colour? if yes, it's not new I've had mine since they were first introduced.
    [​IMG] (sorry, piccie from my 'family gallery')

3. There is a Brown, Bronze Ingot type colour.

4. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Well... I forgot to list bronze... but this was not the same brown. It was brown with a little richer color to it. A little on the red side, I guess. I really wish I took a pic now.

Petra Fyde... thats a dull copper, so no.

I mean... it was almost like awhile ago... on the test shard, they had a dye tub that would dye anything and pets were any color and then some. This was before the topic of pet dyes came around.

5. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

There has always been a Bronze one

Bronze is brown colored like bronze ingots.

6. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Honestly… I would say the color of the dog I saw as more like Milk Chocolate then the Bronze Brown. It's so silly. I mean, if it was a common Bronze… it wouldn’t have got my attention. I’ve trained so many, I’ve seen ever color and every shade at least 50x each. I sware if I see this crazy color again, I'll post a pic.

As my dear old Mother-in-Law would say… “It was the color of a running dog”. lol

7. omgmir

omgmir Guest

8. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

omgmir... thats a great chart... but its still not the "Chocolate" I saw the other day... weeks ago, whatever. hehe.

I've been keeping an eye open with no luck, so maybe it was some kind of fluke color. It sure wasnt Bronze.

9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I wonder if you saw one of the ones that Medusa bugged.

10. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

What happens when the Medussa bugs them?

I remember something about the super dragons turning almost a dark purple... maybe, but that was before SA.

11. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Bugged pets look like the dragon in bottom left of this picture:

[​IMG]

12. EvilPixieWorks

Stratics Veteran

Less the 3d or whatever that is... yeah... thats the color I saw. Only the tamer claimed to have just tamed it, I'm sure that was a flat out lie now. Thank you.

13. Tazar

Tazar Guest

YAY! Another mystery solved!

14. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

that color comes from pet being froze and cloned by Medusa..not a bug

15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

True - but the bug was that if you crashed while your pet was still paralyzed, the color stayed on the pet permanently. Glad they fixed that one so no more special hued pets are lost. The prepatch pets that were affected are now "bugged" since they were not fixed.