1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are the town events still going on?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Meridian, May 24, 2013.

1. Meridian

Meridian Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I just returned last week and I saw some cool banners in some houses I looked at. I understand they are a reward from a town event that happened last year?

I went to Skara Brae and talked to the town marshal who gave me a rope with which to capture NPC's in town. I have yet to see any NPC's.

Is the town even still running?

Thanks, Priam

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This was part of the story arc. Some aspects finished with the arc, but some can still be done. The rebellion is over, but npcs at the brigand camp can be turned in.
    The towns are still accepting donations for rebuilding and enough loyalty to a town will enable you to purchase a banner, or a title. The entire series of articles can be read here:
    http://uo2.stratics.com/quest-and-events

3. Meridian

Meridian Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you

4. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can also increase loyalty to your town doing the Humility spawn in Ilshenar (maybe other spawns too I only do the humility one)

5. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think its any spawns anywhere.

6. Meridian

Meridian Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I hate to ask another question, but I have no other help at the moment. About how many Brigands or spawn will I need to get a banner? Is there a more detailed source of information in regards to rewards and effort required on this event?

Thanks, Priam

#6 Meridian, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  7. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I do champ spawns to raise my city loyalty. It goes up at all of them (at least in fel).

8. pumpkin_escobar

pumpkin_escobar Journeyman

I donated a ton of barbed leather to the boxes to get loyalty not sure if all towns do it though, I believe it was for jeholme.
    Good luck

9. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know if anyone knows the answer to that now. It was certainly a lot faster to raise loyalty when there were rioters to arrest and invaders to kill but, even then, in certain towns it still took a considerable amount of time (at least it did for me in Yew)..many of us now are just maintaining. You might have to be the test case to see how long it takes now starting from scratch. The good news is you only have to get to respectable to get a town banner. The most time consuming was trying to get beyond that.

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I haven't been motivated enough to try this yet, but I heard that donating lumber is a fast way to raise your city loyalty.

Also, if you're going to raise it by doing champion spawns, make sure you've used the loyalty gump to declare your citizenship with your chosen city first!

I don't know if this is mentioned anywhere else, but I believe it takes a week to switch your loyalty from one city to another, if you're thinking about running for election anywhere. We should see the City Heralds start shouting about nominations soon, as the city stone gumps say that elections begin on the first day of March, June, September, and December.

11. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

http://www.uoguide.com/The_Awakening

500 arrests for Venerated Reputation.

Nimuaq spent quite a while updating all the facts for UOGuide, but unfortunately there aren't many active editors left there since he moved on; I've maintained a bit of the fishing information, but if you want to help the community, do consider submitting facts there, as well as here to Stratics too of course... if you don't know, and can think of something you'd like to know, Stratics has the Ask & Answer as a direct line to the devs, get their documentation out of them that way ;)

Miri of Sonoma likes this.
  12. Meridian

Meridian Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you all for the info! I ran a champ spawn until the second tier started pushing me a bit last night. Why do they have to be in the jungle? =P
    Again, thank you all for your time,
    Priam

13. Kelly O'Brian

Kelly O'Brian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

City loyalty gain by the live arc actions, bods or champing is pretty slow. For an more "instant" access on the city banner and the city election stone via the trade ministers you may want to check: Bad Mojos Statement

#13 Kelly O'Brian, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  14. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

20000 boards should be enough to get you a banner.

15. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Will the donation box accept commodity deeds? My play time has diminished since they started the town loyalty system. And with the initial difficulty in maintaining it, I decided to forego this aspect of UO. Now, I may reconsider. Any info would be much appreciated.

16. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No they don't , i use a beetle or packhorse and move the meat next to the crate and then drop them all in.

17. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

Thanks Frarc. Just like I suspected. But I was hoping they learned from the museum donation and allowed the commodity deeds from the get go. Oh well, at least it is better than putting out fires, etc.