1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are the town invasions over?

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Darken (Cats), Feb 25, 2009.

1. cuz i kinda liked them

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

No but the factions need to initiate them, on Great Lakes True Brits has had the towns for an age so no invasion.

3. well i wish somebody in factions would initiate it sometime today cuz its my only day off and i was kinda looking forward to it.

4. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I feel ya honestly!!!

Ive taken to joining my thief to factions so i can try and force myself (problem is that i have to wait 4hours defending on my own lol!!)im almost ready to bribe the factions to let me hold!

5. lol. ill join a faction with you and go stand around the sigle to help you out

6. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's no real incentive for SL to steal/guard them since we don't even own the cities for 6 hours most times (cities go "neutral" while it is invaded) so we haven't bothered with them. Sorry :(
    You guys are free to steal them if you want to try. I don't think there's much competition for them really. Maybe from TB...

7. Corvak

Corvak Guest

TB and CoM keep taking cities - thus no invasions. Optimally, TB should 'let' Minax and SL invade a couple, to trigger invasions. Though it isn't really in-character for em, lol.

There are a lot of people playing factions to get silver, just to sell or buy faction arties with. I think this is partly because theres no tangible 'reason' to hold lots of cities, other than using faction vendors.

8. whats the minimum stealing you need?

9. Corvak

Corvak Guest

70 or 80? I don't remember =/

I think you can get it by starting a thief with 50 and using gear to bring it up though.

10. *crosses fingers* heres to hoping i still have a ring and bracelet that equal 30stealing.

11. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't forget you can use a buglers bandanna and um...I think if you have a pet ferret it helps.

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

80 Stealing.
    Ferret form talisman not having a pet ferret.

13. RichDC

RichDC Guest

and you can actually do it with 20 skill points,

20stealing from legs
    10 from either mark or bandana
    15from ring
    15 from brace.

And if you were a ninja you could do with 10 by using the talisman of fey ferret form. (in fact you may be able to JOAT that)

14. do you need to have 80 "show real" skill to join the theives guild or just 80 "show"?

15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

80 with items not real.

16. RichDC

RichDC Guest

To join the thieves guild it has to be real, to steal sigs you dont need to be in the guild and it doesnt need to be real.

17. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

we had an invasion last night in Brit....so No it isn't over

18. i been doing the one in moonglow

19. Bob_the_fart_guy

Bob_the_fart_guy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ah, thank you Flutter. And you have to be a ninja to use that talisman???

20. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Yes I think you need at least 80 although I could be wrong about what level ninja you have to have.

Btw it is the only form you are allowed to use the stealing skill with.

21. Dixie

Dixie Guest

just go to the town crier and say news. You find the area of the most recent invasion. Hell, today it was happening in at least 3 towns at the same time. Go around to different criers to get a different answer and find a town with spawn to your liking.

22. DPudding

DPudding Guest

We got a dragon in Minoc and Vesper. Magincia can kiss my butt.