1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any kind of "scroll of resurrection" promos going on?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jamie Madrox, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Jamie Madrox

Jamie Madrox Guest

I have been gone a long time, I believe the last time I logged in was 2003. I am interested in restarting my account but I do not want to pay for the monthly subscription if my characters are deleted. Are there any time of bring an old player back home promotions going on? Thanks in advance.
  2. Not at this time.
    They occasionally have a "come back to brittania" weekend, but not very often.
    There is a free trial (14 days) at uo.com, but it is for a new account, not your old one.

The good news is your characters are DEFINITELY there, along with the bank box. They do not delete characters on inactive accounts. You just need your account name and password, go to the account page and put in your credit card info or gametime card and you'll have access to your old account and characters again.

If you forgot your old account name/password I think you havta call customer support during business hours MON-FRI 1-866-543-5435 (toll free).
  3. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

I just came back myself right before the start of the ToT event. One account was from 3-4 years ago and the other from before age of shadows (Most of my chars still had practice weapons lol). All my chars were present and accounted for when I renewed the subs last month. So chances are your chars are still there.
  4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

UO did to one "unused character cleanup" back in late 1998, but all characters since then are saved.

The only reasons your characters may be gone is if:

1.) You gave the account to a friend and they deleted them.
    2.) The account was hacked, activated, and stripped since you left. (Highly unlikely though).

You should be fine reactivating and logging right in!
  5. Deb

Deb Guest

And if you had any pets in the stables they will be there also.
  6. Jamie Madrox

Jamie Madrox Guest

Unfortunately I had a couple different accounts and its a bit costly to reactivate them all to figure out which one had my main on it :( Ah well, thanks for the information hopefully they do a come back to UO promotion soon, I'd love to come back.
  7. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Dec 17, 2006
    Try this. Its for My UO. I think if your characters show in it that they are still there.

8. I'm pretty sure myUO doesn't show account characters that haven't been active in like 90 days.
  9. Jamie Madrox

Jamie Madrox Guest

Yeah I just tried, no dice :( Darn me for having so many accounts at once.