1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are there still "arties" spawning in anti virtue dungeons?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Before I go and spend hours in Covetous, can someone confirm if the virtue armor pieces etc are still spawning?

Wenchy

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yup they still do.

3. Sakkarah

Sakkarah UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just work the first level of the Despise spawn and you will be sure to get at least one or two pieces!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Excellent, thanks [​IMG]

Wenchy

5. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You can still get them, they are just very slow in coming. Took me about 60 hours of play over 3 weeks to complete my set.

6. Aye... been running Despise and you get them fast... seems they drop faster in Felluca (not sure if this is true)...

7. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Kill the lizardmen!!

Seriously, those lizard slayers have a use again. The more you kill the better the chance of a drop so kill what is easy and quick and keep doing it. By my count, i was getting a drop every 200 or so lizardmen.

8. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I used to go to the bottom of Fel Hythloth to fight the two demons in the last room, but ever since they nerfed the spawn rate, it's not worth my time anymore. Before the change, I was averaging 1 artie every 20 minutes. Now I'm down to 1 every 2 hours.

So they are still spawning if you can find a place where high fame creatures spawn at a good rate.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Aye, think it'll take ages to get a full set now *grins*

Fortunately I'm only after the occasional bonus while I train pets heh.

Wenchy

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Kill the lizardmen!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep if your just after arties and not PS, go kill level 1 of destard spawn, then once its almost level 2 leave it and let it go backwards, rinse and repeat. You should get atleast 1 artie every time you do this.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I usually get one when we do a champ spawn in one of the old dungeons.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Think I'll be doing some early morning champing then *grins*

Wenchy

13. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

No need to do just early morning. Most all the raiding guilds wont even bother with checking the spawn until their cams tell them it's level 3 [​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I got a Katarinas Crook while gathering horned leather and scales in Destard yesterday [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ooh, nicely done [​IMG]

Destard would be quite easily defended with a stealth herding tamer *evil grin*

Wenchy

16. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I should have asked this earlier:

What happened to the drop system for the other dungeons like Painted Caves? I remember getting a luck robe in there once and since then i have been killing Trogs and Grobu nonstop and haven't gotten anything lately. I have been killed hundreds and maybe thousands and no drops. Am i just unlucky or did something change?

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I think those should still spawn with the odd paragon. You've maybe fallen foul of the low drop rate on marties nowadays.

Wish they'd bump it up slightly, I know they're not super essential items, but if you were after something specific you'd be hunting forever lol.

Wenchy

18. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor

True easily defended that way BUT, they made it to where hiding or invising decreased your chances to get a drop.

19. joblackjon

joblackjon Guest

I've training pets on Ogre Island and got 3 arties in the last 2 weeks, maybe 15 hours.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh I never hunt invisible, I just stealth herd if I'm dealing with aggressives [​IMG]

Wenchy