1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are these Maces in circulation?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gladius, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Gladius

Gladius Guest

I have come across the ball type spiked one handed maces. For the old timers or those in the know my question is were these types of maces pictured below ever seen in UO?

Have they been discontinued? If ever hope it can be considered by those upstairs to beef up a Macer's armory.

[​IMG] A typical one-hand use spiked ball and chain mace.

[​IMG] Triple header death dealer.

[​IMG] This pendant mace is worn as a necklace by medieval warriors and can be hurled as well to both enemy and prey.

[​IMG] Gladiators also fought with the mace and net combo against sword and shield.

-G-

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

If I remember correctly, the first one is in Ultima 6 and had a 2 tile range.

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Flails? no, they've never been in UO unfortunately

4. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Looks like a SA weapon.............macing + throwing skill for extra damage.

5. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

Well CatHat left us with a flail/kama combo (in appearance only...)

[​IMG]

6. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The first one is available as the "Morning Star" in Ultima VII.

7. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Those look more like kusari-gamas! Wow, I didn't know they made the graphics for it before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kusarigama

The chain mace aka morning star (1st pic and 4th pic in OP) was available as early as U5, 2 tile range, very nice offhand weapon to go with a magic axe (ranged weapon that returns to you after throwing).

Flail (2nd pic) was never available in any of the Ultimas I think...

The chain mace pendant was never available either. Not unless they make bolas wearable as a necklace, and make them spiky.

8. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wonder how many self inflicted wounds were caused by those.

I could put an eye out with those things, my own!

9. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

that would ruin yr whole day if you got smacked round the heeead with one of them:)

10. they should put them in game and make them do a tun of dam. but there would be chance that you would hit your own head hehe.

11. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

LOL - if using the nunchakus, perhaps there could be a "paralyze" effect for self inflicted "crotch" shots. :blushing: