1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are you customizably challenged?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DENNAR, Apr 19, 2011.

1. DENNAR

DENNAR Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I can not design my own home to save my life. I wish there were some additional choices of homes. I know in my particular case I am sure it would make the whole countryside better looking.

Based on some homes I have seen others have the same problem I do.

Are you Customizably Challenged?

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Absolutely not I'm a member of a design and deco team infact.... and I very much enjoy design and deco.

Infact it's one of the major reasons I love UO.

I wish there were more ways for folk to get help with design and deco.

If you are really needing and wanting help here is a link to our site:
    Home - Sosarian Better Homes and Deco

3. DENNAR

DENNAR Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe we should start a support group for the CC kind of like AA??

4. Lady Tia

Lady Tia Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Too bad you can't grant co-ownership and let someone customize your home for you.

5. DENNAR

DENNAR Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I could do that I guess.

I would love to see some new home designs added to what we have now. Traveling the countryside tells me that many are as challanged as I am. I at least admit my problem openly. Some of the homes out there need alot of help.

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

They need to add a co-ownership limited only to the house customize mode and place a goldsink fee on it, on top of what you pay the one doing the work.

Call it the Beautification of Britainnia Service.

I'm not completely incapable of designing a nice house, but I'd certainly hire someone to do my next customizable home.

Deco is not my cup of tea. :)

7. /Signed

A deco deed of sorts, allowing perhaps one hour to design/re-design.

8. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think that players should be able to design and sell their designs that players can implement. Like a deed, you go into the customize gump, target the deed and it puts up that house design.

9. Neutron Bomb

Neutron Bomb Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I recently moved into my guilds' city, and basically created a box for my museum. I agree it's an eyesore, but I've lived in classic homes my whole UO life. I leave decoration in life to my wife.

10. unified

unified Guest

Excellent idea, and it's similarly come up before in http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-homes-castles/230052-house-blueprint-idea.html .

Along this line, I also wish we at least had a sort of soulstone for housing to actually move our existing house when we find a new spot. This is the reason I did not participate in the Magincia lotto. I did not want to go through the whole moving and redesign bit. :wall:

11. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LoL I was just about to post the link to the other tread, thankfully I double checked.. But yes I think it would be great to add more classic housing designs, the Devs could even make a contest of it and have people submit ideas (or build em in game).. Could have couple groups.. small/medium/large and take the top entries per grouping.. Be really nice if they did a castle/keep group as well.. As of now.. the best way I know of building a house for someone else is to simply use an extra account.. Have them transfer ownership and build it up/deco it. Pain in the arse but it works.

12. nynyve

nynyve Guest

You can find plenty of inspiration on the Homes and Castles forums on this site, especially the post your custom house designs thread.

Tip: Start a folder and your computer called UO houses. Take screenshots of houses and deco that you like, label them, and study them. If a house you like is public, then go inside. Good house design and deco doesn't just happen it takes work.

The first step to a good house design is to analyze your characters' life style and needs.

Don't forget to consider traffic flow--"dropping off and picking up" is a good thing to think about when you are designing a house.

13. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I love to mess with my house but I can not get a nice looking roof. I have tried till I got headaches. I did once win 2nd place in a house deco contest which surprised me. I have to much junk to mess with and last time I redone my house I lost 100ml in checks:cursing: So I shy away from redoing my house after that happen.