1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are you in favor or against locking down the NEW books in the bank at Luna?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by MoonglowMerchant, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm in favor of them being locked down. Helping NEW helps every guild on Siege indirectly.

2. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Im for it and i havent even played in a while but from the get go NEW isnt a recruitment guild. On siege its like a unwritten training thing. Its always been accesable from anyone and vastly supported by everyone in sieges community. Most dont even view it as a guild but more of a concept like the Young title on every other server. So the removal of the books was like stripping away everything on UO.com that has to do with new players being titled as "young"

3. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Does it really matter at this point? I think most people's position on the matter has been covered in the other threads about this matter.

It's fairly obvious that no amount of polls, or discussion is going to change the lockdown decision. So why do we need yet another rehash thread on the subject?

Continually debating a topic that does little but cause strife will only detriment every guild on Siege indirectly.

4. I don't think this decision is permanent. If the shard can agree that the books should be locked down, then I think they will be.

Those other threads are for other discussion, this thread is about your position. So, are you in favor or against?

5. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

100% 4 IT!

6. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm for it.

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Personally, I'd rather it be more than a single book placed right out in the open. Maybe on a desk...*shrugs*. To me, it just looked like liter, and probably wouldn't have read the book if I were a new player.

Just my 2gp ...la

8. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

100 % FOR IT !!!!!!

9. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I'm in favor of it but maybe there could be found a way to get the info out without it look like favouritism.
    Could be a book at the bank, telling a little about Sieges history and telling to find books about Siege guilds in bookcases in the counselor halls, this way all guilds could have their recruit book there.
    NEW sure have a place in the story about Siege.

Still, I hope we can have the NEW book back at the banks, maybe on a little table together with a book about the story of siege

10. I am all for the books at the banks. NEW is not a guild competing in any way with other shard guilds, but the Siege version of "young" status (albeit monsters will attack you and also some other players).

11. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lock them down. Any one that is against it should suck a lemon.

12. Nickster

Nickster Guest

I am in new atm and got the info via one of the books! Keep em locked down I say!!!

13. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I'm all for it as well it helps the shard grow and the community work togeather!

14. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Then this post should be a poll.

I for one am for it and personally don't see an issue with it. But it's obvious the shard doesn't agree, hence the reason they were removed. Thus, my original point stands.

Edit: Although it maybe even MORE useful to ask vendorhouse owners around the moongates to lock down the books on the stairs, as I think people have a tendency to be 'snoopy' about houses and like to check stuff out. As Rico said, just a book somewhere on a table may not garner much attention.

15. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

16. That is 13 yes'.

ZERO no's.

17. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Whether for or against, it's irrelevant. EA have made a ruling, just as they have on other things, such as having permanent in game memorials for players.

Locked down books in support of any player guild on any shard have been ruled as damaging to the impartiality the EMs must maintain. Live with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.