1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Are you with us?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Amren, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Amren

Amren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Are you?

flashback

This is the internet archive (http://www.archive.org/index.php) for the Ultima Online Site ~ 1997. Most the content is there, but some of the graphics and pages are missing.

I like the Town Square > Letter from Lord British section. The game had so much potential back then.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Haven't seen that in a long time, since before they removed their own forums and used offically used Stratics (is Stratics still the official forums?). A couple of quotes from LB's letter caught my eye though:

It's still going strong and comparable with alot of MMOs, but no where near WOW's 10 mil. That's feels totally wrong, there's no reason why UO can't be the success that WOW is. I mean, what do you do in WOW after hitting lvl 70?

Hopefully, we get some solid marketing/advertising campaign globally and boxes on the shelves for SA's release! The development costs put into SA should warrant an equivalent advertising campaign.

Pull out all the stops, also consider free advertising like viral youtube vidoes "leaked" by the devs :)

Does this 24/7/15 min service level commitment still hold true? I'm hoping GM Spada has a plan to improve this aspect and can provide some info here...? In game support is critical to the success of UO, just like after-sales service is when I buy hardware/software from a vendor.

If my vendor keeps giving me canned responses, I will stop buying from them. If they actually make an effort to help me, even though it's not a problem with their product, you bet I will keep buying from them and recommend them to my peers.

Having played it during my dialup days, I have to agree. It deals with lag very gracefully and doesn't kick players off the server if they lag.

3. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Grind your way to 80. :)

4. Splup

Splup Guest

Looking at old UO stuff always makes me bit sad.

This game was something so amazing when I started playing it.. Hunting in dungeons where there was a lot of other players killing the ettins and eles. You could always find company to hunt with you. And it was all so exciting!

Now I log in now and then to PvP a bit and that's pretty much it.

5. Amren

Amren Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Not to be an ass or anything, but what do you do in UO when all your characters are done their templates?

Not like there is anything you can't solo in UO.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

A few of them would be:

Gardening, merchanting, house decor, IDOCs, participate in events, work on new templates, try to tame the ultimate RB/Hiryu/Cu/Mare, training them, go around stealing arties, running the doom gauntlet, BOD, getting a good suit, getting enough barbed kits to make a good suit, working on getting a val or ver runic hammer, help newbies, train new chars on other shards for events, exploring dungeons i have never been to before, trying to actually solo a peerless without dying (I'd actually never succeeded, best was a 2-team), item hunt.

I have yet to try factions and pvp either. :D

Edit: My doom thief just stole my first ever Zyronic Claw yesterday! Now for the Titan's hammer and the saddle...