1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Armor Engraving Tool

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Adara, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Adara

Adara Guest

Could anyone tell me if they got their hands on one of these and if you can recharge them or not?

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I *think* they're recharged at a tinker's shop

I could be wrong, I very often am :D

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think you're thinking of the weapon engraving tool, veteran reward? The armor engraving tool is from the elusive 11th year collection, I've read that it's not rechargeable but what knowledge we have on those items is a bit sketchy, so that may or may not be accurate.

4. Adara

Adara Guest

Yeah iv tried to search the forums about them but found mostly complaints about us not getting them:)

Seems like you should be able to.....if anyone knows for sure please let me know

thanks

5. The description says they are rechargeable, just not how MANY times it is rechargeable. OR, how many charges are on it.

6. Adara

Adara Guest

welp....i know alot of people have been asking for one of those for years now....nopefully it will be made available to the western shards at some point in the future.

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

A Freudian slip or no? *smiles*

8. What use to you plan for this engraver? I usually have all my armor covered by a robe for the extra 95 luck, and since most everything is covered I don't think I would get much use from it. I just wish those stupid arty robes looked better, invisible or translucent even.

9. Scamper

Scamper Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I found one on a Luna Vendor on Lake Superior for 10mil last night. It had 30 charges, it does do armor engravings similar to weapon engravings. It looks like the weapon engraving tool, except that it's a different hue and doesn't say it's a vet reward. I think anyone can use it regardless of account age.

I have not run it out of charges yet, so I don't know for sure if it's rechargeable or not at this time. From what I've read about it so far, it was part of a Japanese 11th year collection that was posted about on uohearald.com a while ago. I suspect any or most that have shown up on US shards were cross shard transfers from Japanese shards.

Here is a link to the article about it on uoherald.com

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=457

Other articles I've read about it indicates that it's not rechargeable.

I looked at uogamecodes.com last night but didn't see anything that would specifically let you purchase a code to get one of these Japanese 11th anniversary collection items which include the armor engraving tool. It was posted in another article that it would become more generally available in mid December of last year. I purchased a legacy item code last night, but haven't been able to redeem it yet because the promo code system on Lake Superior shard is still down. When I do manage to redeem the promo code, I'll see if it's available on that and post an update here.

Edit:
    Followup: I finally was able to redeem the legacy item code. The token has 3 items on it you can choose from. Charger of the Fallen, Shroud of Shadows, and a Green Soulstone. I bought it for the soulstone, but thought I'd let people know for sure that it didn't include anything else that was "interesting"

10. Scamper

Scamper Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Update on the Armor Engraving Tool

It's confirmed. The Armor Engraving Tool definately self distructs after it's 30 charges are used. There is no way to recharge it at this time.

11. Wetherlocke

Wetherlocke Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I guess this is another way for EA to make some extra money from us. Us this thing 30 times and *poof* you have to buy another one to engrave more armor (when they release it for sale, I mean). Same with a few other things in the 11th collection like BOD dyes and the hitching post. And jeez... I don't know how much money they're going to be collecting from me with the full bookcases... I've wanted a bunch of those forever for my library. :/

12. So if on Siege or you run out of gold on home shard you could have it say "If found, return to 'Owner's name'" and maybe you get your armor back.

13. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah i bought one on siege for a mill its got 30 charges, it does break after the 30 charges but its pretty nifty i'll take 5 more please!