1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] Armor Ignore vs Double Shot vs Armor Pierce

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Gridley, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Gridley

Gridley Visitor

Howdy all, just theorycrafting a bit on bow dmg with various properties. At the moment I'm considering 2 or 3 possibilities, doing the math, and going to try to test in game later. But all the same, I thought I'd ask in case anyone has already tested some of these. Which of these bows/special moves would deal the most damage per hit (on average, figuring into account the avg dmg done with the procs)?

In regards to bow dmg in pvp (vs a player with all 70 resists), I'm weighing between the following bows:
    -Composite Bow (50% Velocity, 50% Hit Lightning) using Armor Ignore
    -Yumi (50% Velocity, 50% Hit Lightning) using Double Shot
    -Yumi (50% Velocity, 50% Hit Lightning) using Armor Pierce

Rather than get into all the different variables and damage ranges, I guess it'd be better to leave the question as fairly vague as can be and see what people think. My thoughts so far:
    -Armor ignore benefits the attacking player only needing to stack skills/stats to reach the 35 damage threshhold, as well as vs players that stack over 70 Resist.
    -Double Shot seems like it can be a real contender with 2 procs at 50% chance to land each, but I still need to test damage range (does magery skill of attacker or resists on the defender modify damage?). Higher mana cost than AI.
    -Armor Pierce seems to be second rate Armor Ignore, dealing less overall damage to a 70 resist player, but attaches a *short duration* damage taken debuff onto the attacked player. I'm guessing on the sample Yumi listed above, Double Shot will almost always be more worthwhile than Armor Pierce? (I guess a group single targeting one player at a time would benefit from AP, but short of that scenario...?)

#1 Gridley, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When you miss you do 0 damage. How are you going to count damage from a DS? You can hit 0/1/2 times per a shot.

3. Gridley

Gridley Visitor

For simplicity's sake, let's say both attacks from DS hit (though still only counting 50% chance for HL and velocity each), meaning 2 attacks, and both HL and Velocity procing once. I can figure the basics of the math involved, but it still comes down to I dont know enough about the damage mechanics on how the HL and Velocity are calculated.

4. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yumi's do have their use in PVP, they are rearly used thou, people prefer composite bows.
    Here is my "unproven" experience using Yumi bows in PVP.
    - Does require a less uber suit
    - Base damage is not bad on yumi, so with bushido lightning strike is not a bad option (if u have high bushido)
    - DS seems todo more damage than AI from composite bow (if both hits)
    - Armour pierce seems pretty useless.
    - Yumi requires bush/ninja to operate.
    - Specials seems to require more mana in some strange way.

As with everything in PVP, targets never stand still, so you will want a bow with moving shot special.

If anyone wanna hear about my pvm experience using Yumis, hehe let me know :)

Willowwolf likes this.
  5. Gridley

Gridley Visitor

Thanks for the feedback kaio! And I was overlooking the availability of Moving Shot on the composite bow. While I can always swap over as the need arises, having it immediately available is certainly a perk. Much food for thought