1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Armor Ignore

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Uvtha, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Out of curiosity, does anyone regularly use a weapon without armor ignore on their pvm warriors? Just seems like chained AI > all others specials pretty drastically. I want to use other weapons... but the damage output is just so much lower.

Could Double Strike compete maybe? Has anyone tried it?

Herman likes this.
  2. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

AI whirvelwind and lightningstrike is all I ever use

If the target got lower than 50 resist double strike is suppose to be better (was a post in the warrior forum about that some time ago) but no high end moster have that low resist

3. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

DS, at least with my luck, misses too often on the second hit to be worth the mana.

G.v.P likes this.
  4. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah thats the most annoying thing. My regular hits on captains for example is around 40, and my AI gets up to like 190. So even with double strike I would be doing like half the damage of armor ignore.

5. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I use AI, Double Strike, Whirlwind, Feint, and Lighting strike mostly. After much analysis, it boiled down to usually AI or DS, depends on the targets resist. I'll explain, at about 45 resist, it become better to use DS, instead of AI, reason being, that resists are low enough at that point that the 2 hits from DS will out damage the one hit from AI.

6. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Nope, no one uses a weapon that Doesn't have Armor Ignore unless the weapon has Whirlwind, weapons without one or the other specials shall not be used, and if they are used it shall not be for pvm.
    any weapon that has whirlwind shall not be used for pvp, unless it is Frenzied Whirlwind, then it's ok.

Honestly though, very few mobs have low enough resistances for double strike to be of more use than Armor Ignore, off hand: Primevil Lich & the Dark father, I'm sure there are a few others.

AI is OP.

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i used to use feint alot. not recently tho as its much easier to chain ais now. feint might be a good choice for captains tho if your having trouble with them.

8. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I thought about switching to a tessen to be able to tank better... but its just such a great drop in damage.

9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

maybe applie the feint and switch back to ai weapon, but thats kinda complicated and i can see it being tricky. rotating bandages with confidence and hoping that life leech does its job on ais is enough for me to keep up with.

10. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's not common but people forget that Focus attack adds +25% Damage ALONG with doubling all your hit effects at 120 ninja.... I've come across a few good reason where all the insane Leeches / HLD / Effects etc + the added 25% Dmg bonus made Focus Attack the way to go. I did MAX dmg skills / setup for it every time though.

11. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

On my pvm characters I usually have bush and chiv so mostly I just use honor, eoo, lightning strike, and if that doesn't cap me out consecrate weapon.
    On characters I end up PvMing with that don't have those skills I only use a weapon with AI unless I am doing a spawn, then whirlwind>AI.
    The weapon specials definitely need to be evened out. Sadly they've been trying to do this for years, it must be harder than we realize.

12. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

My secondary weapon would probably just be stolen. :p

13. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I use double strike against most monsters since I use hit life leech instead of vampire form. The two hits of double strike tend to wield much better life and mana leech.
    For mobs with really high resists, I go with AI, since double strike deals too little damage in that case.

14. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i use alot of different weapons. They dont have to have AI, or DS on them.
    I like the executers axe, because it look so cool (this in on my pvm toon)

15. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Armor Ignore is the default special move for non-Samurai. (Samurai can use it but it seems better for them to rely on Lightning Strike.)

The other special moves are used more-often than often is realized but they are niche markets.

-Galen's player

16. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Clever

I like that

17. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

*snoops Iki's pack in hopes of a weapon to steal*

18. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I guess that's why my chars suck. I have only used AI on the Captains.

19. Fridgster

Fridgster Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I use AI mostly but in swarms I'll actually use momentum strike. You hit 2 critters at a time and the second gets an extra damage modifier. I usually hit 56ish on the first and 110-120 on the second which is more than enough for my leeches.

20. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yep always did like Momentum Strike.

21. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

Against the captains, AI is pretty much the only decent option.
    They have high resists and don't have any slayers we can use against them, so double strike isn't very effective, I am afraid.
    But stuff like concussion blow and crushing blow are rather effective against them if you find yourself without an armour ignore weapon. The 50% extra damage from crushing blow really adds up there.

22. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, thats one occasion where crushing blow would actually be worth using. Sadly its pretty much just a waste of mana on anything with a slayer. Too bad AI will still out damage it by at least 100%.

BeaIank likes this.
  23. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie

True that. If the captains were to have at least one resists around the 30s, it would be a good special move to pull, along with double strike.
    But the way it is, AI and feint are the only special attack worth anything against them.

Also, I would love for focus or healing to count towards the special attack mana cost reduction.