1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Arms Lore?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Wyldfyre, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Wyldfyre

Wyldfyre Guest

Does arms lore do anything for your armor when crafting it?

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

+1 extra random resist on Exceptional pieces for every 20 points of Arms lore (+5 at Grandmaster)

3. Zy'ana

Zy'ana Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

How do you train Arms Lore nowadays, do u need a million different targets or can you use just one?

4. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

unless uo's sight is wrong here on arms lore

thats what your looking for.

also not sure about the just use arms lore technique but you can raise it by passive means just making stuff

edit: after i reread the uo sight i realized i may have misread it thinking it was percent but now i am unsure and confused as the statement about siege listed below and the one above say slightly different things

so now I have a question is it 5 points or 5% added by arms lore to armor (i am hoping its %)

5. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

5 points = 5 % (or more accurately, 5 percentage points)

All resists are percentages. Most people just don't think of them that way).

For example, if an item should normally 11%/6%/7%/13%/12%, the 5 percentage points will be spread out at random added to those percentage values.

P.S. If you look at the newest version of the Smith FAQ, you'll see that it is given in points, to remove the confusion of referring to it as "percentages" (I made that change when I added the arms lore section back in April - about forgot that I had).

6. Basara

Can someone on SP confirm the Arms Lore Bonus differences?

Is the 1-8 (instead of 1-5) bonus to Armor only, or do you get the higher rate to weapons as well?

I want to make sure that the arms lore sections of the Smith FAQ are correct.