1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Article on Massively about housing... UO mentioned/referenced.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Assia Penryn, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

old gypsy and James Moriarty like this.
  2. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

Since im now playing Archeage and this article covers both UO and Archeage it was a good read thanks

Assia Penryn likes this.
  3. Deraj

Deraj Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You heard the lady, make it happen Broadsword.

Viquire likes this.
  4. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

as stated in the article it cant be done now in UO. If you add a gold tax to the game now, I have enough gold to pay for my castle for the next 10 years. Then I would stop paying my subs when I didn't want to play for any given amount of time. When I play other games as I am now with ArcheAge I would stop paying my monthly Subs to UO and let the gold tax payment cover my absence

5. Deraj

Deraj Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Were there a house tax, hypothetically speaking, it could scale based on house size and location. If your account is inactive then normal decay can apply as usual even if the house is well funded. Bear in mind that the purpose of this is to act as a gold sink. It can be combined with the current system without replacing it. With that said, I am neither advocating or condemning this idea. But it would be funny to see just how well it would go over on this forum.

James Moriarty likes this.
  6. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

*shrugs* I'd just give the house away and spend the rest of my UO life traveling and camping. It's the gypsy in me, I guess... :rolleyes:

kronides and kRUXCg7 like this.
  7. Peekay

Peekay Slightly Crazed

No mention of EVE Online, the true sandbox MMO. It even has a housing-esque format in regards to Player-Owned-Structures and Sovereignty.
    :(

8. Tempest992001

Tempest992001 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

If they did house taxes or maint fees, I for one would be closing my accts and moving onto another game or just saving my money for real life stuff.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  9. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I agree. Stop that gold sink nonsense, it's too late anyway. Concentrate on making the game more fun instead. I don't see myself calling my aunt and uncle to tell them "Hey, look how much fun I have now playing UO - I am allowed to pay house taxes and maintenance fees!"
    Once I am finished paying my house taxes - what's next - accounting as a skill? Armor refinement?
    Sorry for the rant. But on some days I think back in the days at university accounting was more fun than current UO's armor refinement.