1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Artifact Delivered after Dungeon Run?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Faux Pas, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Here lately I have been going to Despise and farming loot to unravel. I noticed that sometimes I get a relic along with a message about cleaning the dungeon :) Can anyone tell me how to make this happen everytime :) Relic frags are so hard to get now and more relics would be nice.

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Trying spending more time doing peerless's instead of monster farming. On the average i get 7-10 relic frag's everytime i do Mel and that's without enhancing anything. Takes about 1 1/2 hours total time spent getting keys and killing Mel. I'll bet you spend alot more than that monster farming and don't even get 1 relic.

3. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

The purpose of my post was try and understand the mechanics of relic rewarding at a low level monster site. If anyone can explain how this works or what triggers the gift I would appreciate hearing it.

4. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

An hour and a half to get keys and do Mel??!?!?!? WTH are you doing, falling asleep at the keyboard? Should take about 30 minutes to get keys, and about 10-15 minutes to kill her!

Also, you can farm up multiple keys, with multiple people to do multiple mel's at a time. I've completed four in an hour. That's working it with just two people. tamer and an archer.

5. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Is that in fel or tram and is it only anti-virtue dungeons?

-Lorax

6. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

I was in Trammel, I hunt Felucca alot and never remember this happening.

7. [JD]

[JD] Guest

ive received that blessed type virtue armor, special gauntlets of spirituality, etc from tram dungeons. ive received that and the stuff like dragons end from the fel ones. other than that i cant really help ya, its too long in between receiving them for them to be reliable enough to get stuff to unravel for relics. and you cant unravel the virtue armor stuff anyway.

8. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Thanks JD! It looks like Fel might give better loot.

9. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

I'm trying to grasp what you are saying. An actual relic fragment is dropped directly into your pack????? Very cool. I've never heard of this before. :)

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think the poster meant that a artifact appeared that could be unraveled into a relic frag!
    As far as I know the only 3 ways to get frags are buy them,unravel them, or do the quest that gives them!

11. [JD]

[JD] Guest

yes he is looking for stuff to unravel to frags.

to be honest I would not waste time hunting ogre lord, ratmen, etc hoping to get random artifact drops into your pack. they are too far and few in between imo.

instead go with your guild (or join one) who does peerless and champs. quite often there will be some high level loot which can be unraveled to frag. or you will still possibly obtain the random unravelable arti drop. finally you can also kill swoop and miasma.

this is more a question to the crafter boards, you should repost there and ask them where they hunt for their relics now that current known manufacturing methods are broken. or at least not public, because they become broken once posted...

12. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Oh. I got confused in their sentence. I thought the relic appeared and the message was displayed...lol. Funny how sentence/paragraph structure can mess my understanding up. I thought the first sentence was setting a scene and extraneous.

-Lorax

13. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Man ya'll are making me feel like I got an F on my English paper.:(

A relic item with some amount of artifact rarity did appear, not a relic fragment. Sorry for your confusion.

14. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable

Here's a little more info on the artifacts then:
    Publish 47
    A number of interesting and useful items will now drop in the anti-virtue dungeons of Britannia. The items will drop using the Treasures of Tokuno drop system (meaning the more you kill, the more likely it is that you will get one of these items as a drop.)

* Katrina's Crook
    * Jaana's Staff
    * Dragon's End
    * Sentinel's Guard
    * Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar
    * Helm of Spirituality
    * Gorget of Honesty
    * Breastplate of Justice
    * Arms of Compassion
    * Gauntlets of Valor
    * Legs of Honor
    * Solaretes of Sacrifice
    * Ankh Pendant
    * UO Logo Sculpture
    * Map of Britannia

I've read a few posts where mass killing at the first two levels of Felucca champ spawns can bring in a decent amount of these artifacts. I have not tried it myself though.

15. Faux Pas

Faux Pas Guest

Thanks Shelley!!

16. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Don't worry about it. Probably hundreds of other people got your meaning completely first time reading it. I usually take things very literally heard or read. It is more my problem than yours, but we all came to the same understanding now...me slowly.

-Lorax

17. [JD]

[JD] Guest

These unravel to relic frags:

* Katrina's Crook
    * Jaana's Staff
    * Dragon's End
    * Sentinel's Guard (I think)
    * Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar (I think)

These look great dressed on your vendor, or dropped on the ground in New Haven for newbs:

* Helm of Spirituality
    * Gorget of Honesty
    * Breastplate of Justice
    * Arms of Compassion
    * Gauntlets of Valor
    * Legs of Honor
    * Solaretes of Sacrifice
    * UO Logo Sculpture
    * Map of Britannia

This can be useful.

* Ankh Pendant
    http://www.uoguide.com/Ankh_Pendant

18. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you prefer playing alone or play at odd hours this is what I suggest!
    hunt places like the tomb of kings i get many items there to unravel for frags,also the demon and elemental spawn in the abyss is good, if you are not afraid of karma loss go fight the fairy dragons and the unamed near the stygian dragon entrance!
    also the more luck the better!

also swoop I get 1 about every 2 or 3 swoops plus lots to unravel for essence!

basicly most things at level 4 fame and above! or named monsters