1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

As promised - Next Issue that will be nerfed

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slim29, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

This one is for all the doubters on the previous threads that think I'm blowing smoke. So here comes # 3 expected nerf for the week. Developer's I figure you will be able to get this one in quickly, so there aren't too many players that will be able to take advantage.

After the Halloween patch, a number of players became upset with the nerf on creating relic frags from imbued items(unannounced). Essentially, no matter how many upgrades you made with imbuing you now get left with enchanted essence instead of a relic. Certainly not worth the cost when you only get a single essence. Well, I am going to share the one possible method currently in the game that results in the manufacturing of a significant amount of enchanted essence without any need to hunt or imbue. Yes that is correct, you can craft all the enchanted essence you will ever need. Here is what you will need:

A Gargoyle Imbuer - Yes they still matter :)
    120 Imbuing
    100 Bowcraft/Fletching
    A Talisman that gives a bonus to fletching/exceptional fletching chance
    A significant quantity of Yew Wood

Wow Slim, I have those - So what do I need to do?

You craft exceptional Yew Bows and you unravel them at the Queen's Soul Forge. For every 72 bows you unravel(504 Yew Wood), you will receive approximately 50 -60 residue and about 65 - 75 enchanted essence.

Slim that is just too easy, how come I didn't think of that?

That's what I'm here for, to do all the thinking and share it with everyone.

Betting get cracking, as nerf #3 is only around the corner. Good Luck!!!

This will be my last item for now, untils the haters start showing some respect :)

2. Mairut

Mairut Guest

You're a trip :lol:

(ibtl?)

3. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Paul is a Walrus.

4. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Are there actually people who didn't know about crafting bows and unraveling them still? I imagine the demographic is similar to people who have never heard of macdonalds. :lol:

5. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Apparantly you didn't read the whole message. We are talking about essence here, not residue. It is the only way to craft essence, and I'm beginning to understand your comments now. Ignorance is bliss:)

6. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Where did I say anyting about residue versus essence?

My comments are directly related to the personality you are displaying on these boards. You might want to look at how you're presenting yourself to understand why you're getting negative reactions.

7. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

So you make a comment that everyone must know how to do what I am doing - reference to mcdonalds, and yet you couldn't be farther off the mark. I am beginning to sense that because I know of so many issues it is aggravating to you in some way. I am simply here informing the rest of the forum of issues in the game, and when I do people like you dont want to give me any credit for it. So to make this current issue completely clear so everyone understands I will do some calculations:

Cost to create ~ 50 residue and 70 enchanted essence using my method = 13,600 gold
    based on a cost per yew board of 21 gp per. Cost to make essence ~175 gp per.

The average cost for essence varies by shard, but on my shard it sells for 2500 gold per. I have seen it as high as 5000 per on other shards.

So based on my method, you get anywhere from 12 to 25 times your original investment. Now lets see what else that translates to:

120 Imbuing Scroll - Requires 500 essence or 87,500 gold using a scroll binder

Do you think the developers want 120 Imbuing scrolls to be available for a cost of 87,500 gold, plus the chance to receive all those runic mallet and chisels from doing the quest?

It's okay to bash me if I'm full of it, but all of my comments have been spot on. Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

8. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

oh i got a better one! this is my personal trick and i copyright it right here and now before it gets nerfed!

you can get wool just by double clicking a blade and targeting a sheep!

keep stating the obvious there mr.attention addict

9. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

Cost of making Essence : kill monsters and loot magic items

oh geez guess my method is even better than yours!!!!
    looks like im the genius!

10. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I invented post-it notes.

11. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Can you get 70 essence every 3 min? NO!!! Yeah I didn't think so champ. Keep up the flames. Loving it :)

12. Hi Sakkarah... I see you lurking :p

13. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

No but I keep track of my essence on post-it notes.

14. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Of course gathering items is free other than repair bills, while getting the wood to make an equivalent amount takes longer and costs more.

So yeah, looting > crafting in this case.

15. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Hi Sakkarah,

Please confirm that my method will get nerfed. Most of the players on this thread don't want to show any respect. I just want one last I told you so and I will shut up for good.

16. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Hi Ender,

Apparantly you have never purchased wood from a vendor. If you are harvesting the wood, then the cost to make would be 0. Yes, my method > looting.

17. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

I am wearing a white t-shirt. Sometimes I stick the post-it notes on my t-shirt when I make a note. They are reall easy to find that way. Cause I use yellow post-it notes and they really show up on the white.

18. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

loving the fabricated statistics too always amusing. can someone give this rabid attention addict a muzzle?
    or maybe not, its fun to read

19. yorky

yorky Guest

*wanders past*
    *sees Slims self-made pedestal*
    *kicks*
    *runs away giggling*

20. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hehe, Ender has trouble getting wood.:mf_prop:

21. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I meant takes longer OR costs more. Sorry. But still true.

22. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

It takes longer to buy wood from a vendor? I didn't realize a 3 second purchase takes longer that pvm looting. You have me puzzled.

23. 4gregu

4gregu Slightly Crazed

The only downside of this "feature"... does anyone actually BUY essence? It's worthless.

24. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

think the point no one sees is that anyone thats trained imbue to 120 knows how to make thier own essence, so unless slim got 120 imbue on sa day one and figured this out, looks like he isnt a genius, awww

25. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

120 Imbuing Scroll - Requires 500 essence or 87,500 gold using a scroll binder

Do you think the developers want 120 Imbuing scrolls to be available for a cost of 87,500 gold, plus the chance to receive all those runic mallet and chisels from doing the quest?

Turning in essence not only gives you the scrolls, but a chance for the runic mallet and chisels. Not as worthless as you think.

26. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Those that trained up to 120 using fletching were unravleing Oak Bows, not Yew Bows. Oak Bows only give you residue. So your comments again are way off the mark. Keep trying though. :)

27. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*Breakdances*

28. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

wow you really are that dense child? what you make to train imbuing, when unravel starts giving essence around 110 skill.no fletching required.... sigh please take a moment, call your parent or guardian and have them examine your thoughts before posting and you may save me the trouble of putting you in your place.

29. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*sigh*

You don't read very well, do you? I never said anything about buying wood. I said getting wood. Harvesting it takes longer, buying costs more. Think before posting please.

30. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

I don't know why you keep up with this dribble, but you are sounding more and more like a fool. I will say it one last time. The only way to >>>>CRAFT<<<< Enchanted Essence without using a runic tool is to have a 120 Imbuing Skill Gargoyle with full loyalty so you can use the queens soul forge. You need to make exceptional Yew Bows. It is the only method available to crafters to do this without wasting runics and is extremely cheep. Your nonsensical responses have gotten quite old. Put up or shut up.

31. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Okay,

Let me break it down for you and the forum because I feel like I'm teaching kindergarten.

I can buy 60,000 Yew boards for 1,620,000 gold. That will result in a total yield of approximately 8,400 Enchanted Essence. The time it takes to craft all of those bows and unravel is approximately 6 to 7 hours of playtime.

Now let's compare your method as I have an uber dexxer that used to kill Miasmas which gives tons of loot to unravel. Total time to fill a bag of approximately 105 items was around 12 to 15 min start to finish. This resulted in primarily residue with approximately 50 Enchanted Essence per trip. So in 6 hours of pvm you would be able to attain 1200 to 1500 Enchanted Essence if you were able to keep it up for that long.

My method only requires the occasional mouse click. Your method requires running around hunting high end monsters and having to loot each individual item.

So to sum up:

My Method - 8,400 Essence in 6 hours and a cost of 1,620,000 gold

Your Method - 1,500 Essence in 6 hours (I'm being generous)

Net result - You would have to pvm for 30 + hours to get the same quantity of essence I can get in 6 hours.

No ifs, ands, or buts - My method is hands down the best method possible.

32. i think slim is right on the money here.....some people need more comprehension and reading skills...

33. Xalan Dementia

Stratics Veteran

seriously, do you really even have a 120 imbuer?! its old news, you craft some sammy armor, use it to train, around 110 skill on up you start getting essence back. Please let the anger of being schooled cool off before you respond with another idiotic statement. this is hilarious

everyone knows how to craft up essence, its old news.
    that is if you trained imbue past 110, which i guess you havent, keep those dated tips and tricks comin sonny

34. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, yes, it's faster. But more expensive. And what is 8.4k of essence useful for? I've never actively gathered it, and I haven't even looted anything but stuff that I know would get me relic fragments, and I still have thousands of it. That I don't need. That's after binding 2 120 scrolls, using 500 essence each. That's the only use for thousands of essence that I can see. You just don't use enough in imbuing to make it worth the extra money. Waste of money or time spent gathering wood.

Also, yes. You can unravel essence from stuff made using the imbuing guide on these forums starting at around 110. This is not the only way to get essence. Failure.

35. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

36. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

Finally a voice of reason. Thank you for actually reading and comprehending what I have written. The other responses seem to be nothing but vague non answers in an attempt to bash. Apparantly, the truth hurts.

37. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Now why would you share that? essence still sold for 400k per 50 and imbuing scrolls alot more. Not everybody knew that. There goes the price on that untill they nerf it.

38. Slim29

Slim29 Guest

It had to be done. It's the last issue I'm sharing for now, as too many of the readers on this board don't actually process what I wrote and I feel like I was arguing with fools. I'm glad a few of you got it. Sorry for the potential hit to essence prices, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

39. Smokin

Smokin Guest

I don't see a big deal in it. I would rather hunt things and get them. I takes me 10 min to fill a bag to unravel or less that is 100 items. I usually get about the same results only difference is I can also get a chance at a minor and/or ingredients. So its win win. So I would rather hunt in this case then to buy or gather wood. Buying just supplies a person selling usually a scripter, which I am starting to have more suspects that your a person who makes money off selling such items.

Just to let you know, I am a genius and not through some silly internet test. Big deal it means nothing! Finding bugs and ways to cheat a system are not really considered to be genius, maybe if you stopped saying you are for finding things that a lot of us already have and then bragging that you did this and that people might be a bit more normal to you.

Ah well to each his own I guess. 115 if you missed it in another post.

40. I dont think anyone assumes you dont know what you are talking about. You obviously do know some things. The problem is your arrogance gets you flamed. You read your post above and tell me it isnt attention seeking and arrogant.

Lets let this post die!