1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Aside from fun, does cooking have value

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Rhiannon, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

So my "sister" Rose is contemplating her new kitchen that is currently being constructed and is wondering if cooking has any value aside from personal enjoyment.

I'm thinking of putting a mill in my kitchen, a bee hive outside and I already have an apple tree and am considering a peach tree. Eventually I'll get over being pi**ed about "sister" Rienna's $12 RL US$ Britannian ship vanishing and get another one so we'll have plenty of fish for cooking.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

well lets see fish pies,blackrock stew,enchanted apples,grapes,fruit baskets and a few others I am forgetting atm . I have always thought players should be required to eat at least once per uo day while logged in or experience a 1-5% loss in stats and skills per uo day they do not eat.

Rhiannon likes this.
  3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've noticed that after a hearty fight with a creature, I'm "hungry" and can eat. It's been debated for years rather or not being hungry effects stats or skills. Reading what I can in other places, it appears that debate is still ongoing.

Rose is going to get busy cooking up a storm soon and see where that gets us. Thanks for the info, Storm!

Love the map on your sig, BTW. I have an original cloth map like that from buying the first edition box of UO (I have other similar maps from the single player Ultima games). My hubby cannot understand why I want them stapled to my office wall. :)

Storm likes this.
  4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have the cloth map from ultima 5 I think it is or 4 I forget atm.

#4 Storm, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    Rhiannon likes this.
  5. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Fish pies make gold. Natural dyes were a good gold maker for a while. The things Storm said plus Savage Kin paint, smoke bombs, egg bombs. Making exceptional items that you can write on are always good for fun.

6. SunWolf

SunWolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

You can sell enchanted apples, grapes of wrath, and as they said fish pies. Everytime I put food on my vendor like a cake or bread to sell, it isn't no major gold but they don't stay on there long. But you can sell cakes with a food engraving tool.