1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ask and Answer #14, armor customization?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cetric, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ask & Answer No. 14
    UO Auctions

Question: Have the dev team considered adding further to the high seas content? it seems most gave up a life at sea when they realized the resources it takes to run a ship. but piracy/bounty hunting are fantastic parts of the game. do you think that perhaps a hand in system for titles might bring attention back? perhaps items gained from merchant/pirate vessels could be handed in at Serpents Hold/Buccaneers Den for the Pirate/ the Bounty Hunter Titles? (Treasure Seeker)

Kyronix: We have talked about different ways to enhance High Seas content and provide a greater reward for the requisite investment as well as having a look at balancing that investment. A portion of the upcoming armor revamp will involve acquiring components for customization that will be available through a variety of means including pirate and merchant ship cargo.

Bold, underlined, and made bigger. Is this what i think it is? Could this be some type of content to make your chars customized (aka, make the robe disappear)?

#1 Cetric, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm guessing its going to be something similar to the Whetstone, That would be used to remove "Mage Armor" since the Mage-Armor property negates the Mana-Phase effect & the SSI Penalty to attackers.

3. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Could be cosmetic, in changing the appearance of the item, but they also might be referring to another system to modify properties on the items (for example, like a socket system in which you can add gems/components to upgrade slots in the item).

4. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ah yea didn't think of that end of it. Tired i guess.

I just kind of hope they NEVER make the ability to remove curses off items.

I alone would have some completely overpowered weapons lol

#4 Cetric, Feb 4, 2013
    CovenantX likes this.
  5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It tells me they are going to push ahead with the armor changes no matter what every one says

#5 Winker, Feb 4, 2013
    Lord Frodo and Lythos- like this.