1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ask and you hsall recieve!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by Wargasm11, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

From the five on friday posted today:

Is the faction system going to be repaired,remolded or replaced? Will the Order/Chaos....Good V evil be returning?
    Our design team is currently taking a good, hard look at Factions and we are currently making plans for a series of updates culminating in a significantly revamped system. Right now in this early phase, we have a lot of ideas on the table. Amongst those are:

1. A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts
    2. Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3
    3. Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones
    4. Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles
    5. Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions
    6. Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world

In addition to the above, we have a list of miscellaneous bugs we want to fix.

Please note that we are very early in the design stages on this, and as we delve more deeply into this project our final feature change list will evolve. The above list is the pie in the sky and now we’re seeing how much of it we can (and should) bring down to Earth. We are interested in seeing some more of your Factions-related ideas and requests on the forums.
    -Phoenix

2. can you post a link to where they will be discussing these things?

3. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. *sigh* I wish posts would tell you in the title what they are about :p Otherwise I wouldnt have added this same thing to the end of the other post lol oh well, now its in two places i guess

5. Rand Al

Rand Al Guest

they don't need less factions they need more 3 factions would be sucky add like 8 then more guilds can get in on the action.

6. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i dont think they should change the number of factions..at least on our shard it wouldnt really work right...

the way it is currently designed the sigils seem to be designed for a HUGE playerbase..like if there were tons of guilds in each faction...and they need to make a better incentive to even bother with them..

im happy they are redoing the bases..i just hope they dont make them worse then they are..

7. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

I'd love to put some ideas up about this, and they said they would appreciate them.

where do i go about doing this?
    cus yeah, 3 factions would suck.
    Also, can we get some damn faction items for gargoyles?

Also, it might be a good time to talk about my faction 'battle arena'
    in which all four factions fight relentlessly in a relatively small area for control of the towns..

8. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

9. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with this.. The only thing that really pisses me off in that short list of major changes is the reduction of a faction.. What the hell is the point? What changes would that do good if they took 1 out of the 4 factions out.? :gee:

10. the good and evil system means anytime u kill a opposing faction, like tb over minax, you get hero and evil point,

on siege u can get a dread steed for evil... and hero gets a silver steed, also u get monster ignore.. meaning all monsters ignore u for 30 min unless u attack them

11. Wargasm11

Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

man i remember that on siege..that was fun back in the day when we used to play together over there...ill never forget raiding doom when it first cameout

12. McVie

McVie Guest

I would like to see them change it so that enemy fractions members are open to attack in trammel.

13. Hail Satan

Hail Satan Visitor

has anyone ever thought about enemy faction bosses?

for example, your faction controls X town and you've earned X amount of silver on your stone, complete the XYZ sequence and you can summon a faction boss to guard the town or sigils. decreasing and growing in power according to how many enemy factioners are on (also factoring in how many "home town" factioners) so it will always be a challenge to defeat. rewards consist of faction blessed artifacts, which the properties are later to be discussed.

maybe even faction champ spawns or dungeons, where you can farm tokens or other items of worth only to a factioner?

14. Hail Satan

Hail Satan Visitor

i completely agree. i've seen several trammelites join factions and kill their friends so they can have a pretty red or blue horse.

it's disgusting.

can warred guilds fight in trammel?

15. Unless they've changed this in the last 5 months, yes you can.

16. NewYork

NewYork Guest

Pac should get some wars going on!

because yes, if your guild is warred with another... they are OJ to you anywhere in tram - even luna bank MUAHAHA

17. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

We tried to guild war |M| for like 6 months they wouldn't do it :(

18. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah, I just saw 2 people in separate guilds fighting at Luna bank on Catskills last night.

19. mutau

mutau Guest

that sounds like fun.

20. this is a lie.. send |T| the war invite buddie ill accept immediatly.. i dare you...

21. he said M not T

22. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

who cares? we should do it. And yes, we did try, you rejected it.

23. This is not an excuse for M, but if I were M, I wouldnt accept a war invite either.. the main reason is M is their main guild, which means they have non fighting chars in the guild., crafters, pvm chars, etc. Where as T, has the pvpers.
    I know blues cause issues with faction fights and get involved when they shouldnt, which is probably why you would want to war the blue side of the guild.
    The only way to solve that would be for them to get rid of all non pvpers in M and then accept the war invite.

24. McVie

McVie Guest

I like the idea of warring guilds. I would like to see all the faction guilds war each other. :popcorn:

25. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

I don't care if its M or T, im down d d d d d down..

26. Hail Satan

Hail Satan Visitor

there is abolustely NO excuse for a guild to not balls up and accept a war invite, even if you have trammies and crafters in the guild. it takes 30 seconds to make a guildstone saying [M/C] (M crafters) and post a guild message saying "We are at war!!! If you have a character not suitable for war then quit the guild and have an SA put you in our tram guild."

ALL problems have a quick and easy solution. it's awesome that people fail to understand that because it just puts me one more wolf ahead of the pack.

27. KalVasTENKI

Stratics Veteran

Hell yeah , everybody should war...

I need to make a trammie character though because all my chars are in factions and I'll probably get killed AFK!!

28. mutau

mutau Guest

If all the faction guilds went to war, THAT would be an epic story to report on.

29. Isnt that what I said at the bottom of my comment? maybe not in the same words, but same meaning.

30. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Same, I will get to work on this. Expect an invite in the next week or so sargie I will let you know when and if it's coming

31. SUPRsalad

SUPRsalad Guest

WOOOOwOOOOOO! I can't wait. And not in a 'oh dude, we're going to pwn your FACES off' kindof I can't wait, but a, 'See I TOLD you guys this would be fun' kindof I can't wait.

32. KalVasTENKI

Stratics Veteran

~WL is waring everybody also!!! Very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The FL fight will happen also!!!

33. OpPrime

OpPrime Guest

I just wanted to make my first post on Stratics.. there I did it!

34. Hail Satan

Hail Satan Visitor

popped that cherry didn't we..?!?!?!

35. mutau

mutau Guest

This thread has deviated from the topic. Return to the topic and take this nature of posts to the OT forums. Thanks. This is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

36. KalVasTENKI

Stratics Veteran

You're welcome sir/mam or mamsir.

37. Hail Satan

Hail Satan Visitor

MANBEARPIG!

38. lols

lols Guest

[​IMG]

39. Hail Satan

Hail Satan Visitor

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i laugheds so hard me neighbor downstairs told me to shut the **** up!!!
    ahahaha!

40. KalVasTENKI

Stratics Veteran

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

41. mutau

mutau Guest

Water buffalo?