1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ask & Answer Frequency

Discussion in 'UHall' started by O'Brien, Jun 18, 2013.

1. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

Bolding added for emphasis.

With two Ask & Answers posted in the last 12 weeks, any word on this commitment that was made less than 10 months ago ? Has it been changed or does it still exist?

Lord Frodo and Sauteed Onion like this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

May as well give it up... I asked about it over a week ago and was told to be happy with NOTHING... You should be grateful that you have a game to play... with almost no DEV's and very little contact... What's the matter with you!

Enjoy the silence... they told me ...... after all we just had a publish... What more could you want?

:mad:

Winker likes this.
  3. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

I want more communication from a discredited source. :rolleyes:

yars likes this.
  4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Things have indeed been fairly quiet here...

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

It's a regular cycle... lots of silence usually means they are hard at work on something new that is just around the corner... and once it hits they'll spend lots of time on the forums getting feedback, answering questions, etc.

6. O'Brien

O'Brien Thought Police

Then perhaps a disclaimer should be added for us less intuitive folks when making announcements like this, that it only applies if something new isn't being worked on?

7. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Yes it's true, but which game are they working on?

#7 Felonious Monk, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    yars likes this.
  8. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

You would think by now they would hvae learned that working hard on something before FIRST getting the players feedback and pushing it out there anyway despite what we players say is.... A NO NO... But hey what do I know, just my two cents...

Would save a lot of man and woman hours if they discussed future adjustments and patch information with the players rather then spending 2 months or more working on something we may not even want or like and throwing it at us anyway :-0

9. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

When they're answering players questions, which are largely trivial and repetitive, they are not working on the game. Maybe you should consider getting your priorities in line.

Goldberg-Chessy and yars like this.
  10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Sure - they ask what we want... get 500 different conflicting answers and end up doing nothing because we can't agree on anything...

Goldberg-Chessy likes this.
  11. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe 30-40 different answers and many the same answer, so its not hard to gage the outcome if 30-40 people are putting different thoughts on a subject when 20'ish all agree in one direction to go.

As with the enhancements for the armour, 80% of the stratics users thought it was too complicated and not worth the effort and I would translate that into players on the shard as less than 15% of the population are using enhancements on their armour.

I sit a luna bank looking at what everyone is wearing and what mods they have and i would say that 15% is a fair estimate for the new armour enhancement, which to me was a waist of developer time and could have been spent redoing Doom dungeon or something else more productive and popular

12. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ballot Box "IN GAME" at Luna
    4 different selections of things you would like to see added..

4 things the devs are willing to implement, or able to.

One vote per account

So say the vote lasts a month..once the voting is completed and tallied up. It is posted on UO.com which system or whatever has won, with a description of what's to be added and another ballot box appears in Luna with a "Do you like the new proposed changes?" Yes/No/Needs Tweaking
    "Go to UO.stratics.com" to discuss..

Seeing how we aren't dealing with some great influx of new players, you may want to try and keeping the majority of the current player base happy, not a select few..

Edit: The voting has to meet certain requirements to be "passed" and implemented into game..

First Phase: initial voting on what you would like to see in game wether it be new items/revamps or whatever. Majority vote is all you need..

Second phase: after a specific items wins, the idea is proposed on UO.com and here as well..

Third phase: a new ballot box is added to luna where the community is asked if the changes are liked..and in order for it to be implemented where then it needs a 75% vote to pass for it to move forward

Final phase: coding/bug testing and implementation begins

Simple

Shakkara, yars and Lord Frodo like this.
  13. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

What other game would they be working on?

14. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think part of the problem is when the constraints were put around the questions, ultimately you could only ask what could pretty much be found on UOguide or a search on Stratics, so why ask? meh who cares...

15. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

given the resources currently afforded this game, i'm sorta just happy they keep the servers active.

16. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

IMO the biggest issue is being told something is going to be done on a weekly basis then not doing it. If you need to change the ask and answer from weekly to something else, so be it... but tell us you are changing it.

hen, O'Brien and Shakkara like this.
  17. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Moonglow, Nu'jelm, Britain, Jhelom, Serpent's Hold, Yew, Cove, New Haven, Minoc, Skara Brae, New Magincia, Vesper or Trinsic would be a better choice...

18. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why? Luna is by far the most traveled place

19. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

and where they fail is by not asking what we want BEFOREHAND. We are the paying customers therefor what we want to happen in this game somewhat matters. I believe we are the ones who are paying them to make things happen... Not the other way around?

20. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Do developers in other games really ask players beforehand about content? Would be awesome for any game, however I would sincerely doubt that they would get any solid consensus of what players want or approve of.

#20 Viper09, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  21. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Exactly.
    And this could be a good thing to perhaps breathe some life in one of the other towns.

We don´t need more incentives for people to only hang in Luna IMO.

yars likes this.
  22. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

The people that receive 500 conflicting answer are supposed to find a common thread and go with it. Some people will say this what we experience in uo now .Others will disagree. That is one of the main reasons for these forums..........

23. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May be easier said than done, depending on the issue/idea. Even this "common ground" may be something not well received.

24. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ya I wouldn't mind if it was in cove, as long as it's in game. The problem with it being anywhere but in Luna means that the team would have to do a good job of letting everyone know where it is, and what impact it would have, and the importance on voting. In the past they have lacked "explanations"