1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Asos rate?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by 5% Luck, Jul 31, 2011.

1. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

I know I read the Asos rate is 1 in 25 right? I havent done them in a while but I just did 100+ mibs and only 1 asos. Should I be blaming it on a bad rng streak or has something changed?

simple gm fisher!

2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Its the rng. Some trick em by opening only 5-10 mibs at one time. If those give an aos, they continue to open to get another one due to the streaky rng.

3. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Thanks Ill keep that in mind when opening them. I mean I was prepared to get a guild outing for a few levi's if not a scalis if we got lucky instead i had to call it off!

4. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It used to be 1 in 40 had the asos. One thing I've done that seems to work, though it could be completely random, is wear as much luck as you're able while fishing them up. I'm only able to squeeze 474 luck onto my fishing suit but of the 90ish I just popped over the weekend (I do them in large chunks, 100-125 mib's at a time) I had 11 whites. Could just be the rng and dumb luck but I'm going to stick to it until it stops working