1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Atlantic is the best server ever!

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by virem, Jan 10, 2012.

1. virem

virem Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

2. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I hate to say I really have no clue what this thread was designed for... but in light of this community spirit contest and all... I would like to invite everyone to log into 5 random shards of your choice and have a look around. It seems the staff likes to favor shards other then Atlantic... but Atlantic has far greater population and much more active community, hands down. You would have a hard time debating this fact just looking around for an hour at other shards. As overpriced and lousy as our Lagtown is... imagine the same city packed with repair deed vendors as a highlight and shard wide empty vendors dominate. Imagine shopping for rares and not being able to find any for sale. Or not much of them. Or how about trying to round up a group for some kind of hunt... or needing help, and there is no one. It's a real crying shame the state of other shards.

As much as I like to make jokes... it really makes me feel lucky I picked Atlantic. It seems the only shard with a strong heartbeat despite the fact EA doesn’t feel the need to put the face of our game in the retail shops. WE are very lucky in that one respect... we have a shard that’s alive.

3. iLLegal Means

iLLegal Means Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Howdy, ... in game I'm "the town drunk"... as most knows I give out GM spined suits to new and returning players. I have been meaning to keep a spread sheet on how many returning players and cross over players I meet during any given week... but I still haven't gotten around to doing it yet... but my point is:

I would say the majority of the players I meet are players coming to Atlantic from other shards they claim are empty. Most are returning players from years ago... who came back to an empty shard so decided to come to Atlantic for the Population.

I use to play Siege long ago and still have characters there... I still log on every once in a awhile and very rarely do I see anyone else on there... it's a shame when you can walk thru Siege and not even see anyone least alone not being attacked... hehehe... I can even go to Yew gate and remember old times in quiet reflections.

4. Andrasta

Andrasta Goodman's Rune Library
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Blue Crane Society

Is this meant to be a contest entry? Please reply asap!

5. Muck

Muck Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just a comment.. it would be fine to do that in the Peaktime of the Shard.. Its pointless to take a look on Europa at 3 am (local time) when everybody is sleeping here ;-)