1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Attention all PvPers: An invitation…(revisited)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheScoundrelRico, Dec 3, 2008.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, it's funny how as things change, they remain the same. This discussion came up recently on the Siege forum again, and I was reminded of this post I put out on Powergamers years ago (2003 to be exact). Anyway, I figured I would repost it to see if anyone might have interest...sure some of the text may be dated, but since then, some guilds have come and some have gone...the shard would still love to have you...so there...I put it out there...la

2. If you promise never ever to use "La" again, I will come finish my character on Siege and take your challenge.

3. TheScoundrelRico

ok...la

*oops, sorry, did it again.

4. Gandie

Gandie Guest

Seige got the most stupid stupied system.

Should be Items or not (well gm made player crafted items is okay)

Not a crappy mix.
    Also Europeans ping bad to siege.

5. TheScoundrelRico

Sure they do, but at the same time, there have always been a good size group of Europeans that have played the shard without issues...la

6. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

hmm lat want meeb tu klomp him....

7. Dubar

Dubar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Isnt siege infested with tamers in PvP? as if they arent bad enough on normal shards, i cant imagine it with bad armor

also arent you already at a huge disadvantage if you didnt create a char early and have a personal bless deed?

8. TheScoundrelRico

Not at all. The developers have created a "Siege blessing" which basically eliminated the personal bless deed. Since the pbd was eliminated for new characters it did become tough for players who hadn't created one with a pbd to have this blessing. Now everyone can have a single blessed item, and the blessing can be removed and put on another item of your choice, as often as you like. Once the blessed item leaves your possession, the blessing resets, so as not to have to worry about losing the blessing like people had to with the pbd...la

9. Nat/Bella

Nat/Bella Guest

I logged in my not-quite-finished Siege char...and found a bank box full of antiques lol...xmas presents from 2005, ID wands, whispering roses...a bow of exceptional quality...etc etc.
    Forgot about the no recalling, and those nasty wisps. Got about 8k in the bank box, in the old days you could buy a small house with that. What's the going rate for the smallest house, to place? Are the prices for everything still 3X? I saw a few spots...

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

You can check the prices with a housing tool.. but the tool is a bit over 3k, so no you can't afford it yet. The cheapest custom house plot is 33k, and the cheapest classic house is about 75k. There are plenty of housing spots available tho.

[edit] You may be able to sell those antiques for enough without much effort. [/edit]

11. Siege is great it only lack a bit (a lot) of population.
    I finally nearly finished the character too!

12. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Siege is too soft. its not as cool as it was pre aos.

13. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

And Trammel is harder? You must be a worthless lurker on the boards or else you'd have something more constructive to add.

14. Nat/Bella

Nat/Bella Guest

Thanks Sweeney...I did a bit of inventory, and my stuff starts from 2001, statuette, so may be worth a bit. I think I started when Trammel was created, can't remember the year exactly.
    If the %full on the login screen is correct, Siege is usually on top of the North American shards, I've been keeping track of it for a few weeks, because my current shard is usually at the bottom end of the list.

15. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

If you have any blessed sandals/aprons, other seemingly worthless items.. they are worth a lot on Siege, since most people dislike running around naked after being dry-looted (You should keep them in my opinion). I hope you stay on Siege a while.

16. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No my shard although not supported by EA has no tram or AOS garbage. its like siege from 2k-2005 just 100x more peeps :p. I do have a finished character on siege I may partake just for giggles. Even though I think production shard PvP is better insurance wise in an item based game.

17. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

As I said you are a worthless freeshard lurker.

[edit] This thread is about getting people to come to Siege, not to bash prodo. Yourself admits that insurance is good, yet I myself as a returning newbie found insurance to be the worst thing ever. All the newbies that see 11 yr vets with EM, insured items from years earlier may not know that they will never be able to get equipment that good. Maybe I was lucky figuring that out after 3 weeks. Please keep this on topic. If you hate the EA prodo version of UO so much you should be slightly happy that Siege is not dead. [edit]

18. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well I guess I wont play siege then hehehe.

19. why do freesharders bother to post on a real shard board???

20. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

please please PLEASE someone kill the scoundrel..LA OMG it drives me F**king INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!........la

21. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ive been playin UO for 11 years. I still keep 2 active accounts. I play from time to time. Im just waiting for EA to get their heads out their a$%#^. The only reason I even touch a freeshard is the fact they provide what we have been asking for for the last few years. A pre AOS uo:R style no tram,ish,malas,tok,ML server.

22. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

because they want people to join their old, broken, crappy version of UO

the most popular shard is some strange Pub 13 Hell Hole mess of a ruleset

23. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good people,
    - no namecalling,
    - no insults,
    - no freeshard propaganda,
    - no "give us a pre-something shard"
    or else.

24. TheScoundrelRico

Bah, being a thief, I am used to being killed, no biggy. And "...la" is never going away...neener neener...la

25. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aaaaarrrrrr give me strength.................

26. TheScoundrelRico

Believe in the power of the "...la" it will give you strength...la