1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Attention MINERS! BUYING ECRU CITRINES!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Rikimaru_Vegeta, May 7, 2009.

1. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Rikimaru_Vegeta Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

icq 463038314 I have only one account on SP and I do not have mining.. I need your help as I am desperate need of obtaining these.. I will buy all you have.. 1k per

pst me back or icq me

thank you :)

2. Nabber

Nabber Guest

I think they sell for a lot more than 1K each, not to rain on your parade or anything but 50K is market price.

3. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

yeah 1k each made me chuckle.

4. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I let out a guffaw :)

5. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

I am still new to this shard and the vendor I bought them off of had them for only 1k each; there was 10 of them - this is why i posted for 1k each. Any 50% ep ring I have seen sells for 50k so why would the resource sell for 50k a pop? I am looking for the resource not the ecru citrine rings and if they sell that high then forget this post because its not worth it... Glad to see people love posting there opinon; and wtf is a guffaw? and who the **** says chuckle? GAYYY

6. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Obviously.

7. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You getting them for 1k each was a HUGE score... that's 10k for a 500k turn around sell.

The reason why they are 50k a pop, is because if you craft a good ring... they go for millions.

And if you ever managed to craft the perfect ring... which is 1/3 50%EP (with pretty much any mods... although SDI and DCI would be HUGE)

holy-cha-ching.

8. enigma eb2

enigma eb2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

That and the mining rate vs time is freaking stupid bad. We manage to mine about 500 of them every 30 days worth of mining. Then when you create the ring the fail rate is horrible. So out of say 1k ecrus you will get 25 to 40 rings with 50% EP and most of them are worthless with no good mods. So yeah Ecrus are expensive as are the rings when they are sold.

9. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

Thanks Drax and enigma for helping me understand the economy on ecru citrines and the rings... It seems I need to come up with a better game plan :D

10. Rikimaru_Vegeta

Stratics Veteran

Just curious what do the other gems go for? Lets say Blue Diamond? etc...

11. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure what they go for...I know they drop more often than ecru, the emeralds drop most I think, then Fire rubies.

But to get you started with your finances, I will place an order for two butchers war cleavers. I need leather.

12. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

I have a grand total of 4 ecru at the moment. I'd be willing to let you have those, at a decent price ( not 1k obviously ) I'm planning on doing a fair bit of mining early next week so will let you know if I get any more. Yes, I am one of those odd individuals that actually enjoys mining.

13. ScottishHero

ScottishHero Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Indeed you are Cat...indeed you are...

14. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Hush you !

yeah and I do it the old fashioned way, walking along with a pack animal... I don't even use any kind of beetle..... minermasochism.....

You should try it sometime ducky, the kerchunk-kerchunk of pick hitting rock can be oddly meditative and soothing ( until some bright spark decides to hit you with a para-explo etc etc )

15. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Up in the where to shop on Siege sticky above, Petra has listed the gems and their approximate going rates per gem types.

I think she had blue diamonds at 5k a pop per gem..but check up above.

As for ecru citrines, they are or have been going for 50k per. I do have some, and had them for 40k per but, atm my vendors are down and being re- arranged.

I mine them up from time to time, but for my characters personally, I have NO use for them nor the rings, really. Tried making the rings and hung it up ! Pain in the arse to get em to be worth a flip when done, to sell as rings.

Tis all one of the *wonderous* joys of Mondain's Legacy, ton of ingredients many of them rare thus pricey, torch thru em all end up with junk, rinse repeat need 10 -20 more of em to try to make ONE decent whatever out of the wonderous random or rare ingredients meh...still wishing to make hovering wisps on any shard for le$$ *mutters about ingredients too rare/too pricey to buy, or too hard to get* just to make something, even simple as a simple silly deco wisp in game !!

16. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have 359 ecru citrines available as a bundle.

:)

Make me an offer I can't refuse. Be warned, I'm greedy!

17. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Ill stop taking my dog over to crap on your front lawn.

18. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What front lawn? It's like 3 tiles w/a friggin tree in the middle.

19. Idahoan

Idahoan Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'd sell 39k per

20. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why do you think the tree is growing so well?