1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Attn: all new Governors please read

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Lord Lew, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hello, and congratulations on winning your city election...

as a preamble to the next kings council I would like to set up a meeting to brainstorm on ideas for getting our gathering to grow and make it more of a shard attended event. The councils are roleplay, but there is no reason for such low attendance, and I would like to have a small meeting to toss out ideas to help us grow.

please reply here with your means of contact, and times that you are available..
    I know that some of the new governors may not have stratics accounts.. If you speak with them, please encourage them to do so.

hope to hear from you all soon,
    Lord Lew
    Governor of Trinsic

2. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

Shard fiction plot points of particular note:

#1: Lady Amandine's child is due in July.
    #2: There is the meteor, which I am not sure has been found or investigated yet.
    #3: The pylons setup by the Time Lord to protect the Fossil of Zog are still worn and cracked.
    #4: The White Hart and Hind are still holding vigil like statues over Castle Blackthorn, presumably safegarding Amandine's Baby.
    #5: The Flood in Moonglow has not abated and the island of Verity is still cut in two parts.
    #6: Sheon the Infinite is now a full grown... whatever he is... and eats Xorinite like they are made of bacon.

3. Lady Ajiba

Lady Ajiba Visitor

Congratulations on winning your Governship as well, Lew, I look forward to working with you. I'm not entirely sure on what you are talking about when you say you are trying to find a way for ''getting our gathering to grow,'' could you please elucidate on what you are talking about? Nonetheless, I am always interested in getting involved with the community, and I'd be happy to help with whatever it is you would have for me to do. You can contact me by my ICQ, which is 663-271-243, and I'd be available to help any time it is needed. If I see any of the other Governors, I'll be sure to direct them your way.

4. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The last Sunday of every month we have a roleplay style council meeting where the governors sit in council with the king. These meetings can be fun, but fir the majority of our player base are mundane. As with em events and player events, items drive attendance, therefor most of the shard ignores the meeting.

What I'm looking for are ideas to bring in more of the community to that meeting. I do not want a special em item created, I actually hate that as a general rule. But there must be other ways to accomplish this, hunts afterwards hosted by different cities, some type of raffle chosen from participants at the meeting?

I'd like a pre meeting before the next council to hash out some ideas before the meeting, as well as brief new governors on what to expect, and how to react to situations that arise? Totally OOC meeting by the way :).

That's what I'm thinking :)

Lady Ajiba and EM_Bennu like this.
  5. BadBart

BadBart Journeyman
    BooB

Lew as Governor of Moonglow you can contact me at 57707031

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!