1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Attractive Ingot Storage

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Dragonchilde, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I'd love some tips or screenshots on how to do some attractive Ingot storage. I love having all my colors locked down in plain sight, so I can easily add to the store, and see with a mouseover which can be deeded to 1k for future sale. (Working on building a resource store.)

However, nine piles of ingots on my smithy floor is kinda... blech. I could do the whole wooden bench shelf thing, but... ugh. Boring. ;)

Anyone have any neat ideas for an open-air blacksmithy?

Here's the current design and frankly... I hate it. LOL.

Attached Files:

2. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

wooden bench shelves: bench, ingot stack, 'nother bench, more ingots, etc.

3. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Think maybe you missed this part of his post:

4. Construct a wagon made of tables and the spinning wheels and stack your ingots on the bed of it or better yet, put wooden boxes on the wagon bed and drop your ingots into them. Would be easy to remove the amount you want from a secure container such as the wooden boxes, and the wagons look great!

Good Luck!

5. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Ooooh, that sounds like a REALLY good idea... I think I've seen something like that on here, where's an a example of that one?

Now, if I can just get ahold of one of those sharp-looking stacks of gold ingots. that would be nice!

6. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There's a picture of one in the sticky thread up top about deco examples posted by Skylark. Its a few posts down the page.

7. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

....and I'm pretty sure the gold bricks still drop from the paragons in Ilshenar?

8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Also dont forget your phillips woden stead to pull your cart.

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Make a tent out of them. :p

idea just popped in my head but it's viable. use ingots as tent posts. stack 2 small tables and then 3 boards on top of those then an unrolled bedroll on top and remove the lower items in reverse order, for the roof. use Curtains for the walls. Voila, a blacksmith tent.

10. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Alright, i've got a substantially improved blacksmithy area. It's now my clock repair/blacksmithy area. Thanks to the wagon idea, and other stuff I've found here, I came up with something far more pleasing. What do you think?

I used some scorps near the spools of thread on the spinning wheels to give it a more "hitch" sort of look, to kinda disguise the thread, and make look a bit less like a spinning wheel.

Attached Files:

11. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

looks pretty good

12. Good job! Looks great!

Another way to help cover the fact that the wheels are spinning wheels, is to place green plants right up against the botom of each one. Rocks also work and in fact, looks perfectly normal for them to be there.

13. kray2s

kray2s Guest

im getting ideas off that blacsmith tent may have to slightly adapt it tho!!

watch this space:p

14. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

After reading your post I made this cart. I preferred the elven spinners since they are smaller in relation to surroundinjgs and additions. Also I am lazy so I just used barrels to hide spinning wheel acoutrements. Anyway, yours look good too!

Attached Files:

• cart.jpg
      cart.jpg
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

I've just discovered that there's a great benefit to a spinning wheel wagon.

It makes spinning huge amounts of wool and cotton a cinch!

Having four wheels at once is super efficient, and looks neat too... like the wagon is actually rolling!