1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Auto-stable and pets

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by 4th3ist, Jan 20, 2009.

1. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So.. I already knew that logging out and in would "summon" pets to you that you had claimed. However, while doing a champ last night, I whiped. I got rezzed rather quickly, but as soon as I hit yes on the rezz gump *poof!* I crashed to desktop. Upon loading in again, I was dead. The game mumbled some crap about my pets, and I considered them to be dead. Well, I ran to town to fetch a mount and found my pets were auto stabled for me. Is this a bug or intentional? Surely my pets should have taken a dirt nap. Or is this just another way to take care of cry-babbie tamers who need special game mechanics to circumvent death..

2. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I do know this is how this works. I prefer to think of it as my pets being smart enough to know that I'm certainly not going to be able to care for them so the prefer to wait in their nice warm stable until I get my silly self rezzed. LOL

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Congratulations! You actually used the auto-stable as-intended.

The first time that happened to me, it took days to figure out what happened to my poor Talon.

Anyhow, if you're dead and log out, your pet goes to the stable. They can't seem to join a dead-you. It's a slight inconvenience, having to go to the stable rather than continue the good fight. But sometimes it's worth the inconvenience.

4. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

after you rez all you have to do to get them back is log out and log back in and it will bring your pets back so you dont have to go to the stables