1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Automap assistance?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by snigneczi, Dec 10, 2008.

1. snigneczi

snigneczi Guest

I've been out of UO for a few years now, and have recently gotten the urge to get into it again. I've gotten the game installed and working properly, however I seem to be having an issue with automap... when I open it up it's pretty much a black screen with all the markers, tags, locations, etc. visible, but no terrain shows, nothing other than a mainly black screen. I do have it linked so it will track me as I move about, but without all of the geographic features I'm getting rather frustrated. How can I fix this?

Marcus Aurelius

2. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. snigneczi

snigneczi Guest

Thanks for the link... however... uninstalled, reinstalled, extracted... same problem... could there be something else I'm doing incorrectly?

Marcus Aurelius

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Have you tried installing into a different folder?

Maybe one of your settings is off or a file is corrupted?

5. Zooithion

Zooithion Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have UO 2d installed or only KR?

I thought UOAM used some map info from UO2d.

6. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have only ever been able to get UOAM to work with 2d... I have yet to find a way to make it work with KR. Is there an option?

7. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

there should be.

8. 4th3ist

4th3ist Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The problem is that uoam is apparently not supported anymore. See for yourself...
    http://www.uoam.net/

The ur has been down for weeks now. I recently started playing again and havn't been able to get a copy from the site since. I've found other places to download it, although its not supposed to be distributed by anyone else if I remember correctly so you might want to remove your link. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You wouldn't happen to still be working in win 98 would you? I distinctly remember uoam having just that problem. I think it was when Mondain's Legacy came out. Win 98 has some kind of memory handling problem I think? I was unable to use automap for some time until we upgraded our pc and got windows XP.

10. Arabella

Arabella Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If your running vista, you need to run it in admin mode.

11. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

No, UOAM is not supported by KR. Also it will not work correctly if you do not have UOAssist running.

12. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

This is as I suspected - thank you. I too can only run UOAM in 2D by using UOA. I tried the calibration tricks and nothing happens, I think that is because it looks for a connection to the UOAM site that no longer exists. Of course my info is rather dated.

13. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just installed UOAM on my new computer I just built. It kept looking for his website & timed out after trying to connect for 3 to 5 tries, once it did, it started up fine & has run great, no problems. I do have the last Beta that he had on his site if you would like it. Ver 8.3.0. My UOAM I can start up either with UO up of off, it doesn't matter.

14. snigneczi

snigneczi Guest

Snakeman, any help you could give would be great, I'd appreciate it a bunch! Thanks to all the rest of you also for trying to help... I'm being pretty tenacious in trying to solve this, so hopefully soon :)

Marcus Aurelius

15. snigneczi

snigneczi Guest

Thank you all very much for the offer of assistance :) I have, however, managed to get my problem fixed, at least right now it seems that everything i working as it should, apparently I had something wrong with my UO Assist, reloaded it and all is well now! It's nice to know there's some good folks out there willing to help when it's needed, thank you!

Blessed be,
    Marcus Aurelius

16. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:thumbup1: Glad ya got it going, it one of the biggest "helpers" in the game for many players. :thumbup: