1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Automatic Changing Names on Shortcuts

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Guest, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Not sure if its the right forum but I noticed that one of the shortcuts changed to FVWEMfvwemFVwem. It still connected to the proper file but was wondering...is this something I should be worried about?

2. KevinThom

KevinThom Guest

never mind, I'm wrong, dont have a clue [​IMG]

Prolly nothing to worry about though, however it has a slight chance of maybe somebody monitoring your account info via spyware. Most likely not though.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I scanned my comp using McAfee but it didnt find anything.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I dont know what it means, but I would probably delete it and make a new one.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Mcafee is notorious for missing grayware, malware and the likes. Download the free version of adaware 2007 and you will be shocked at what you will find lurking in between your files! [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, what she said. I cant STAND MacAcrap. Adware is good.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

LOLOL Thats a GREAT name for it!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking about Ad-ware right? Because I also found Adaware as well. Thanks for your help.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I have used lavasofts Ad-aware. It finds all kinds of stuff.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your talking about Ad-ware right? Because I also found Adaware as well. Thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you want to download lavasofts ad-aware 2007 and make sure you run the update first before your first scan. good Luck! [​IMG]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

None of these adware programs detect everything. They all have their own lists.
    Imo it's good to have several different programs such as Adaware, Spybot, AVG and update and run them regularly.
    Still you can't feel completely protected.

There have been some recent trojans that infected people running wow - one could only be detected by running Kaspersky's online scan. It was some russian trojan.

So, run several different free programs, use a firewall and antivirus and you should be pretty well protected (never 100%).

Or maybe someone (a child perhaps) might just have changed the name on the shortcut.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

No I have no children in the house unless my cats learned how to use the computer. Thank you I will try everyone's suggestions. Just hoping that I didn''t get hacked!