1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lumberjacking] Average price of wood

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Shantia, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Shantia

Shantia Guest

Can anyone tell me what the average price of wood is going for? i figure plain wood is about 8-10, but beyond that i have no clue with the changes to how resources spawn.

2. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

4-5 regular boards average price on popular shards. Wood is better to sell at high amounts 60k deeds which you can charge a little more. Resources just randomly spawn as long as you have 100 in the skill if thats what you mean. As well as color woods change trees after a while.

3. Shantia

Shantia Guest

No i'm trying to get some information on how much i should charge for the 'colored' woods. I play on baja and there arent very many luna vendors getting stocked with wood to compare prices with.

4. ianubisi

ianubisi Guest

Colored wood sells extremely fast. Here are the base prices I've used for colored wood, and I can't keep myself stocked:

oak 6 ea
    ash 8 ea
    yew 12 ea
    heart 30 ea
    blood 45 ea
    frost 75 ea

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I would up the prices you have on blood, heart and frostwood tbh. But that's just me. It is a huge pain to find those colored woods, so you need to make it worth it when you do. If they put in some kind of tool to make it easier to find colored woods or to upgrade the type of wood you have then I'd lower prices to reflect that.

6. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

I agree up the prices on blood,heart and frost. Youre selling youre self too short.

7. how much more would u up ur prices?

8. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

My prices:

reg 5
    oak 10
    ash 15
    yew 25
    heart 75
    blood 100
    frost 150

paras 25/per
    switch 50/per
    amber 2k
    fungi 75/per
    bark 10/per

I'm considering lowering oak and ash prices (again) since it doesn't move, or start donating my extra to the museum. Blood has been zipping off my vendor, but I think I have one customer who really needs it in particular so that may be an anomaly. Frost zips off my vendor too, so I'm probably still a bit low compared to the prices you'd find on a busy shard like atlantic. I get players who xshard what they buy off me to busier shards (resources, crafting runics, etc) because I sell cheap.

So keep that in mind.

You can put stuff out, and if it's too high it won't move. Advertise a lot (if you aren't in luna) to make sure people have a chance to see your goods. Readjust prices as necessary.