1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Awww no-one answered the main question

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by The Slug, Jul 17, 2011.

1. The Slug

The Slug Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

Which is ... what does the council mean to you and how will you serve?

Maybe the open forum speech isn't best for that, I don't know. I will post my opinion and encourage others to do the same

In my opinion it a unique opportunity for players to become involved (even if only in EM events) For all those that whined that things could be handled "better" here is your chance!

The idea is to keep as many people as possible interested in what is going on. Therefore having 4 like minded individuals is not a wise choice. It's also an opportunity to act as an ambassador and collect fresh ideas, as opposed to force feeding whatever we deem is "best"

It's not about Magincia, it's not about ego or pride, its about helping provide as pleasant an atmosphere as possible to as many ppl as possible. Not everyone has the same play style, and not everyone has the same ingame beliefs. Doesn't make anyone "wrong" or less valid

As a council member I would make no attempt to shove my beliefs down anyone's throat, nor would I be willing to serve on a council that has that as a goal

If this isn't the general consensus I will happily withdraw my candidacy in order to not make a farce of what the majority believes

If arrogance and an utter contempt for any ideas but mine are a requirement for strong leadership, then I am clearly not the slug for the job! lol

My last "serious" post ever ..... Slug

2. Hand

Hand Guest

bok! You were on smoking break! I answered that I wanted to know what people thought would make the game more fun for everyone and that the council should do what it can to thus improve the game. I would have thought that is what everyone would want, but there is always one fool who seems to screw things up. bok!

3. The Slug

The Slug Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

Actually I was about burn dinner, so yeah I'da been smoking ... in a way lol

4. Painted Elves

Painted Elves Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There's gotta be a better way of having an open discussion than that.
    People had good questions and good points, but so much of it was focused on the Magincia issue....
    I'm glad I got to participate though.
    I'd like to see more of the candidates positions on things....maybe I just need to dig further back on stratics... O_O