1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Back after a while..

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Zeppelin8, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Zeppelin8

Zeppelin8 Guest

hi everyone..

i haven't played uo since 2003 (started at 2000 and played till the early days of run uo / second age). I mostly played on free servers (played at osi only for 2 months..)

I've decided to come back after playing many other mmo's. UO is more exciting with new major additions skills etc..

I created a miner/bs last night.. I'm familiar with bods and such (not that much). I'll roll a pvp (or maybe a tamer or something) character after improving my crafter.

Anyways.. I"m looking for a guild. You can count me as a newbie since i haven't played for a while.

Note: I have lots of questions to ask about the game [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i think we can probably help with all of the above. my icq is 451 321 008, feel free to give me a shout and have a chat [​IMG]

3. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Welcome back!

I am sure you will find a lot of helpful players around if you need to know something. If you meet somebody of the Sosaria Red Cross (SRC), just say "hi" and have a chat. We are always happy to help people out ... [​IMG]

4. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

5. Redavatar

Redavatar Guest

I too have returned from a 6 month abscence. I've been playing UO on a multitude of shards over the past 5 years and I keep coming back. There's just no other MMO like it. Well, Eve Online is probably the only MMO that can challenge it for longevity but UO is much more rewarding.

I started playing on a free shard in 2003 with my girlfriend then. Because at the time my credit card had been blocked, I wasn't able to pay for subscription but found the free shard to be immense fun. I had tried UO before but that was when I was still on a 56k modem back in 2000 which made it virtually unplayable.

I do miss some elements that free shards had on the OSI servers. For instance, I loved auctions (the first shard even had a global auction which you could check on wherever you were, even at home) and I really wish the OSI servers had auctions too. I also miss the ability to buy seeds and cultivate farmlands. I would neatly plant flax in rows and then harvest it for my tailor. But it seems the OSI doesn't let you do that [​IMG].

Still, you got to love the community. I just fear there's too much for me to do!