1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Back and not sure what template ?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by lancelot99, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

i am back from a looong break (6 years) and before i was gone the tamer tas the best pvm temp to use...
    After doing some reading i see that the tamer is no longer the big boy on the block, as we now have whammys/sammys etc

so i was wondering for pvm .. (700 points)

1. what spell casting template is good to use? Necro mage? Mystic mage?
    2. what arties do you recommend? (i have a bit of gold to spend) :)

all advice apreciated
    #1 lancelot99, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
  2. Driven Insane

Mar 12, 2012
    Well since no one else responded, I'll throw my 2 cents out.

I can't tell you what to play, it's your char.

What I will say is that most spell casters can't compete in terms of damage compared to anyone with chiv and bushido. I have a mage/mystic that can do anything except solo peerless bosses, etc. He rarely dies due to being able to either invis or I keep a mass sleep spell on a stone, so if for instance Navery traps me in a web I just throw that mass sleep out and I'm usually free before it wears off. In case you're unaware, the RC summon is by far the best summon in the game right now.

Here's his temp:
    magery 120
    eval int 120
    meditation 120
    mysticism 120
    focus 120
    wrestling 120

Stacking as much SDI as possible and using Slayer Spellbooks is the only way to go.

If you decide what type of char you'd like to play, I'm sure we could dive further into artis choices, etc.
  3. Sono

Sono Adventurer

Jun 20, 2012

magery 120
    eval int 120
    meditation 100
    mysticism 120
    focus 100
    spellweaving 120

But, I think the tamer is still a preferred PvM template. The Greater Dragons are used a lot and on the tamer forums they talk about how they still have and use a wide variety of tamed animals to fight different monsters. Whenever, I attend an EM event, you can't see the massive evil guy through all the greater dragons fighting.

With imbuing out, your best best is to find a legendary artificer and have them make you a 100 lrc, 70's resist with max mana regen, spell damage, faster casting, and faster cast recovery.
    #3 Sono, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012