1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Back to Britannia houses

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Experimental, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So Jeremy posted on July 1 to send coords, shard and facet of all OSI owned houses we could find that need to be brought down, but what about homes that are still standing that were placed by people who came back (then left) via the bring a Friend back to Britannia promotion?
    I know of a couple house whose owners quit and deactivated their account but the houses are still there several months later!

2. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

You have no way of actually knowing the player deactivated the account, many people say they are going to deactivate, but then keep the thing open.

3. I was wondering about this yesterday, then again this morning, as I'm sitting here watching a house that has been in IDOC stage since early yesterday morning, and is still standing almost 24 hours later.

Sad thing is I actually knew the player that owned the house from the various events we've had over the past few years. He was one of the few that would help anyone out with rezzing, tossing a heal if he was around and saw you were in trouble, etc.

4. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Or how about houses that no one has been seen in for years? i know the house next to me is always empty and i have never seen anyone there for years...

5. THP

THP Stratics Legend

and the... un-named ''no owner'' houses too

6. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Maybe it's a grandfathered house on a shard that the player doesn't play on anymore?...la

7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

They can only really affect the houses they know are "owned by OSI" (internally). Houses owned by players, whether or not they are actively used, if THOSE were deleted (aside from banned accounts), it would be a PR nightmare.

Jeremy even said that it's legal to "game the system" but don't expect sympathy if you screw up and the house falls.

8. love2winalot

love2winalot Guest

quote, " it would be a PR nightmare", end quote

Ummmmm, is the game already not a PR Nightmare? How much worse can their pr get?

9. packrat

packrat Guest

Within the last week, two of my neighbors houses became OSI owned. They must have been naughty and apparently we do have some hope left in the game. Someone must be doing their job.:danceb:

10. fred252

fred252 Guest

Back to Britannia houses are not hurting anyone except the jealous ones.

11. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

Ummmmmmmmmmm, sometimes you DO know for a fact.....

12. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

Sometimes, maybe.....but one is a small house near my castle, so I don't think I'm one of the jealous ones.

13. A.Entreri

A.Entreri Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

do these houses still say on the sign "owned by o.s.i." still, like they used to say. or does it say something else. i'm seeing tons of houses that have no name and no visible owner. and the ones that say private are not really private now, as i am able to walk on the steps and as a ghost walk through the front door and move freely about the house. and they all have been decorated with items at all are pre-aos inside, so it pretty obvious these players are long since gone. are these the ones they want reported or do they still say "owned by osi"?

14. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think all they wanted was the "Owned by OSI" houses as all others are either grandfathered or bugged in other ways. So I assume, at least.

I honestly don't like having "abandoned" houses near me (one of the houses near my current one was placed, built up with a single-story wall and floor, and left alone - haven't seen the player EVER since the house was placed, and it's ugly and ruining my view!), but if they're properly owned then there's nothing we can do about it for now... sigh.

15. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Ummmmm, is the game already not a PR Nightmare? How much worse can their pr get?

Start taking away PAYING CUSTOMERS' houses simply because "they're not being actively used" or because "your neighbor thinks it's abandoned".

Yeah start doing that and see what happens... you think PR is bad now...

16. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

As long as a house is properly owned, the ONLY person with a say in what happens with it is the owner.

That's how it SHOULD be.