1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Backpack art contest. An abyss house for a prize too??

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Jul 15, 2014.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Just saw this on the UO facebook page. Anyone heard anything about this? Is it legit?

Link here: https://www.facebook.com/UltimaOnline/posts/10152210415141603

So what is an "Ultima Online Backpack Art Contest"? Basically, we are looking for unusual and unique designs using the existing items found within Ultima Online and laid out in such a way that it creates art inside your backpack. Themes can range from the abstract, to current in game plots or events, to anything you can dream up.

Guidelines:
    1. Backpack art submissions need to be cropped in size so that the image submitted only shows the backpack itself as well as the art found within it. DO NOT submit full screen screenshots. Screenshots should be taken in the upper left hand corner of the screen showing the character name and shard. NOTE that any submissions not in this format will not be accepted. Copies or plagiarisms from previous contests WILL NOT be allowed. Images must be in a tasteful format and follow the teen rating.
    2. It is IMPORTANT that entries be created in only GIF, PNG, BMP or JPEG format, then e-mailed to [email protected].
    3. No advertising (such as website links) or guild promotions in the image, please.
    4. All entries will then be uploaded to Facebook in an album for voting. There will be one album per shard.

Entry:
    1. Limit one entry per person. You must have an active account, be a player on the winning shard, be able to accept a house, and have Stygian Abyss.
    2. The contest begins July 15, 2014 and ends August 15, 2014. All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on August 15, 2014. Voting will be from August 16, 2014 to August 29, 2014. The winner for each shard will be announced on August 30, 2014.

Winner Selection:
    1. Winners will be selected by the entry that receives the most “likes” in the corresponding shard album.

Prizes:
    1. Sonoma – Warden of the Abyss housing plot
    2. Napa Valley - Ranger of the Abyss housing plot
    3. Wakoku - Warden of the Abyss housing plot
    4. Mizhuo - Ranger of the Abyss housing plot
    5. Yamato - Ranger of the Abyss housing plot
    6. Arirang - Ranger of the Abyss housing plot

Disclaimer:
    Please see Broadswords updated Privacy Policy here:http://www.broadsword.com/privacy.html

Have fun! We look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

2. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I don't see why it wouldn't be "legit". Its UO's facebook page, and the email provided is the one for the person they hired to run it. Seems they are giving away the plots that have fallen/never been claimed.

Good on them.

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

For those shards who aren't missing the Abyss housing, can you see if their Vesper Castle locations are free and perhaps offer those as reward. I know Pacific's two Vesper Castle Locations are empty.

4. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

How do you determine if someone is a player from that shard? I will be very disappointed to see these locations go to folks from other shards just to be sold...

5. blend

blend Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

ArtSakuraRaresfest.jpg
    hokutoRaresfestArt.jpg
    pic is sakura rares fest 2012 and hokuto rares fest 2013 Backpack art contest
    I fun to watch the artworks such as these
    Am excited

#5 blend, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  6. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Considering how little houses on those shards go for, I am somewhat hopeful they actually go to people on those shards.

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

8. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What about people on shards not listed? What prizes are there for us? A malas castle would be pretty cool. Legends both our abyss housing spots are occupied. IMHO, Sometimes I feel UO is more about who you know than about playing the game/contest the way they're intended.
    I guess I'm too much the outspoken beach to be in the "in crowd". meh, whatever.

9. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

The prizes are on those shards because their Abyss house was never claimed/or fell.

10. Jirel of Joiry

Well what about the unclaimed Malas Castles? There were supposed to 2 Malas castles per shard. That give away was a FUBAR and CF rolled into one. Its too long and sordid to go into, but on most shards there's maybe one castle in malas, and some have none. Some people did take the gold value which I believe was an option. I just think it'd be cool a malas castle, Tokuno Japanese style castle, or heck a Ter Mur castle(gothic/gargy monstrosity). Just an idea.

11. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

lol...

The malas castles were SO LONG ago. And a Tokuno Style/Ter Mur Style Castle? Now you are asking for something that's not even in the game.

12. Jirel of Joiry

Agreed....But I can dream can't I?

13. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

14. Flair

Flair Lore Keeper
    OrderOfDrunkenElders

You respond to the EM's gmail addresses don't you? I believe they said they hired someone who was a contractor to run the facebook page, so I would assume that they wouldn't have access, but I could be wrong.

15. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!