1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Backpacks and Maps

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by MalagAste, Nov 7, 2010.

1. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Anyone else having problems getting the EC to save keeping your backpack and map open when you log in???

90% of my characters seem bugged in this way.

2. All of my characters are bugged this way. The radar maps open every time, which I don't want or use. The main backpack remains closed but containers inside the main backpack open every time. I haven't found any way to stop this.

3. Ahh... just installed the Open Atlas and Open Inventory on start up Mods and those work for both the Stone-Enhanced and Lucis Mods. Try those two and it should save your settings.

4. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

???? Installed what???? From where?

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

6. MalagAste

No I use Copper Enhanced..... however I'm having horrible problems with my backpacks and maps not opening on log in .

7. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Same here - I have the suspiction that the auto-open of the EC and the auto-open of Copper Enhanced cancel each other out, resulting in a closed backpack and map on startup.

8. Copper_Enhanced and Stone_Enhanced are exactly the same except for textures. Try the auto-open mods... they work for me, but sometimes my backpack appears empty in the grid form.

9. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

My Interface in this release should have an auto open backpack function included can be activated in the usersettings, if not it is comming :p.

10. MalagAste

Where are these auto open mods????

11. unified

unified Guest

12. It looks like these mods were removed from the Modder website. I don't know why, but they haven't been updated and may not be completely compatible?? Not sure.

13. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I have the opposite problem, uo always auto opens the map when i log in, and i have to keep closing it as i use cartog, (no biggy though)

14. MalagAste

15. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

They were removed because the client remembers backpack, radar/atlas, and paperdoll open status automatically now (except for some backpacks, not sure why).

The "some backpacks" problem is one that the open-on-startup mods didn't handle.

16. MalagAste

Well it's obviously a big bug that needs fixing. I'd say a good 90% of my characters and that's a bunch of characters trust me... do NOT Remember that I want the backpack, Paperdoll and map up on log in.

17. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Are you using an older version of Copper_Enhanced? Or did you install the new version of Copper_Enhanced without removing the old Copper_Enhanced?
    The default client's auto-open logic only has issues with backpacks as far as I know, and it only happens for 2 or 3 of my characters (unless something broke over the past 2 weeks, since I haven't really had a chance to play lately).

18. MalagAste

Yes I"m using the most recent one.... Yes I removed the old before installing the new.....

But most every character I have is bugged but not always in the same way.... some of them their paperdoll is not up, some no backpack, map or paperdoll, some have no backpack...... just seems rather random... I wish I could fix it... If it weren't such a PITA..... I would have tried saving all my user data and uninstalling and reinstalling UO to see if that would fix it... but I don't have 6 hours to waste doing that.