1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bah! Humbug!

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Setanta, May 15, 2008.

1. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

First, UO.Stratics loses track of all the forums. Next, I see a news item about the admins shutting down for file maintenance. OK, fine, then a week or so later, I find this mess and have to register again. Well, horse poo!

What I wanted to do was log into the dev page (which doesn't seem to exist any longer) and request a minor change to the KR client. This change would save a startup file that is deleted if the client manages to run until the player logs off. So, when the client crashes, this file is used for a quick restart. That way, just maybe, I might be able to restart the game and get back on BEFORE I end up dead, decayed and petless! KR has some decent features, but the random crash is just plain indecent!!!

2. Use the support pages at EA - feedback.

As for the mess we're currently in, if you read Gallahan's report on what happened, it was not Stratics that caused this mess, but other factors, one of which I personally have had my tail in a vise over doing. Stuff happens.

3. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

But, it looks very much like nobody at EA other than some half baked mailbot ever looks at stuff posted to UO support.