1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Bake Movement Speed

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Lynk, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Do they keep up with you as well as rune beetles do? Slower? How much slower?

2. I have found they keep up about the same; however, both my bakes seem to like to wander and attack monsters. Even if it means they teleport somewhere and the monsters are off screen. Find I need to keep moving and checking where they are. That being said I have used them to fight up and including peerless. Lots and lots of bandaids in those cases

3. Yours teleports? I don't think mine have since the un-teleport patch last year.

4. Pet/monster movement is based on Dex, Bakes can have 145 max, Rune Beetles can have 170 max. So if you went by that they would be slower, however I think you're unlikely to notice any difference.

Having regularly run around with both, all pets seem the same when fully trained to me.

5. The last time I know that one did it for certain was during invasions. Crimson was in a building and the bake went in without a door being open, still trying to figure that out. I know the crimson sometimes teleported you to them but I did not see them do that with pets.

6. There seems a significant difference between a 125 dex pet (basically, almost every pet) and 140+ dex pets (some rune beetles and bake kitsunes) when it comes to movement speed - NOTHING moves like my 170 dex Rune Beetle when it comes to "all kill", nothing. The Beetle all but instantly teleports to my target's location.

Thank the gods its impossible for NPCs to run...

7. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I rather think it is based on stamina. This explain why when you damage a greater dragon he is slower.

8. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

When running with a bake/beetle combo, the bake only lags behind the beetle just a tad... not too bad as long as it's got high dex.

9. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Bakes have a max of 145, but does that mean they are trainable to that high or if they are tamed at 125 they can't go higher than that?

10. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Any stats over 125 won't raise after a pet is tamed. If a pet has stats below 125, they can be trained to a max of 125 :)

Wenchy